Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my Breathless Vortex stuff from Exit-28 in Dallas.

The Rammer box and Power Duct are constructed well, and the installation instructions were good. Realize this is my first LS1/LS6 to work on, although I consider myself an above average shade-tree mechanic. Nevertheless it was nice to have good instructions which always make the job go smoothly.

I have yet to get the car back to the dyno. I've put ~80 miles on it since I installed the Vortex stuff and it definitely made a noticeable difference. However, I've only had the car for 13 days, and I don't drive it every day...so I'm still getting used to it.

It is very obvious, even if you're a novice at what you're looking at, that the Rammer box is superior to the stock design as far as getting cold air into the motor...and not only colder air, but a larger volume of air than the stock box. With the way the lower air dam on the front end directs air upwards...this thing is very close to being a true "ram air" setup, except there should be no worries of getting water up into the filter. They issue a warning about driving through high water, and anyone who does this deserves what they get, IMHO.

Thanks BPP!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Glad you like our products and thak you for purchasing them.

Did you get a chane to do any 1/4 runs yet?

Thanks
Ernie
BreathlessPerformance.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts