Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we have hashed out intake mods... but nobody ever gave their 2 cents on the clear box or the black. SO I am asking for it....who thinks what is neater, tricker, and the MOST? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
JMHO,

I would think the clear box is cool & good way to keep eye on filter maint........

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Racingfast I have the clear box so I can insspect the filter without pulling it out. I also use the Halltech condom for extra protection during the rain season here in South Florida. Check out BPP carbon fiber power duct, they improved the design and it looks incredible. FUBU69/LES BTW the condom WILL cost you a couple of HP.

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
I forgot to mention that BPP makes the filter "rings" in different colors so you can match them up to the color of your Z06. Les

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks LES & IMA /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif . I will get the clear. I thought of the maint angle too but didnt wanna look dorky at ANY COST! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif
LES: I read on here that WCC had a better power duct than BPP and it was cheaper. It comes with a Z06 badge too....and EXIT 28 has a special on the RAMMER for AUG at $225.
BTW: Keep those extra exhaust tips in mind too ok? Thanks BRIAN /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks RICHARD for your usual fast attention. Carl: I bought the clear one to monitor the filter.. so painting isn't an option tho your red one looks great! I cant wait to get this thing on...any installation advice RICHARD? tx.. Brian

·
Registered
575 Posts
Quick tip for you guys that are buying the clear and painting it. Paint the INSIDE of the box. That way, when you install it, looks like you've got 20 coats of clear on the box /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have the faux Carbon Fiber. It has a pretty cool look to it!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Carbon fiber look here also + the new air bridge. On 9/22 we will see what "baby blue" does on the dyno with only this mod.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts