• Cost Factor

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Why do you think the LS6 DOES NOT have Factory Long Tube Headers??

Jackhammer:guiness:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
None of the above

I think it has more to do with the lack of serviceability........
and heat issue's.
We have basically LOST our best mod friendly dealer in the North DFW area, Huffines in Plano, changes Service managers.....
He will NOT even take a car in for warranty period, IF it has ANY mods.....intake, headers, etc............:(

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Re: None of the above

ZO6LS6 said:
I think it has more to do with the lack of serviceability........
and heat issue's.
We have basically LOST our best mod friendly dealer in the North DFW area, Huffines in Plano, changes Service managers.....
He will NOT even take a car in for warranty period, IF it has ANY mods.....intake, headers, etc............:(
I think cost, 32 lbs of iron must be a lot cheaper than 16 lbs of stainless steel.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I think it is all about emissons. With the strict emmission testing they might have a hard time meeting the standards for Low emission vehicles.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Re: None of the above

ZO6LS6 said:
Keith O. is gone?!? Where did he go?

·
Premium Member
2001 Z06
3,461 Posts
Jayzvette said:
I think it is all about emissons. With the strict emmission testing they might have a hard time meeting the standards for Low emission vehicles.
I am in agreeemnt w/ Jay. If you add the long tubes, don't you lose the pre-cats? As I was to understand that they cannot fit w/ long tubes? Yes, No? :-?

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Stainless v.s. Cast

Stainless cost v.s. cast...............
I would think the $$$$ trade off here would be minor....maybe I am all wet..........
On the emissions issue, the pre cats only apply to the '01's, and stainless headers heat up a lot quicker than C I exhausts....
So, that (to me is a mute point).

TAMU.......no, Keith is stilll there........HIS BOSS was replaced/quit etc.............and from what I read is a PAIN on modded cars.......
I see a time in the very near future were some/few lawsuits are going to be neccessary to enforce the Magnusson-Moss Act.........
Apperars dealers are ignorant of them, as well as most consumers........:roll:

·
Registered
62 Posts
OK...I haven`t modded a car in a few years. Can someone explain what this Act is?....Is this where we can mod our cars with "approved" products?....I`d like to get a copy of this act somewhere. I paid for an extended warrenty and would hate to see that money wasted because i change something on my car.

:-?

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
mark

I am trying to get the link to the EXACT site, with the entire wording.......
Until then, in a nutshell..................

IF you install ANY modificatios on you're vehicle......and something goes awry................the MANUFACTURER, MUST prove that the modification was RESPONSIBLE for the failure/s.........( if you make a claim)

In other words, they cannot simply say, since you installed headers, that you're tranny problem is BECAUSE of that, and therefore we REFUSE to honor warranty............

This Act, is a Federal Act................and is very specific in it's protections of consumers.........in ALL states.

When, I get the link, I'll post it................;)

www.ftc.gov

Link to the Fed Trade Commission Bureau
The M M Act is available on this site............

OR:
Courtesy of kewlbrz

www.sema.org

www.sema.org/warranty

As usual.......he's on the $$$$ go here first...................
:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts