Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I propose we limit sigs to 450 x 60 and sticking with 15k max.

This would limit scrolling while allowing modem users to easily load pages and still enjoy all of the sigs.

If passed, all existing sigs would have a 2 month grace period to switch over.

Of course, I could help with resizing if necessary.

Any support on this?

·
Registered
0 Posts
I agree. I moified several sigs and pictures today to prevent scrolling. NOTHING was deleted. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

If some of you guys see: Edited By fcalmes below your post, I didn't edit the content, I just reduced the size of the sigs and/or pictures to help the viewers.

Any of you guys need help, don't hesitate to drop one of us a line. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

If you have the original, it would be clearer, but I compressed a compressed file for this test.

JC

·
Registered
619 Posts
Is my sig O.K.? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Both of the above are over the proposed limits but are easily resized.

Jason, you there? I don't want to put this on you. If you wish, you can upload the psds and I'll resize em all if this passes....

JC

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Is this one ok? If not, do what you need to make me legal! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Hey - you're the boss - you set the rules. Just out of curiosity. What were the specs and sizes on Ima's sig? Is something the size of his original causing a problem? Whatever you think is fine, I'm a 56k modem user and I don't feel like it's a problem now. I will say that it cetainly appears nice when everyone's is the same size. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
I don't agree. Unless you think we should all get the same options/colors in our Corvettes, I don't think this is a good thing. It's self expression, or it's supposed to be. I know this one guy is making many of the sigs, but not all. Some of us are creative and don't like to conform. That's one big reason I drive a Z06, I DON'T conform, sorry. I also don't like communism, in which all are forced to be the same. No, I'm not calling you a communist. I just want you to think about it. It's a signature, it's supposed to be individual, unique, showing personality and character. Okay I am out of line, sorry.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Creative? I've been in the creative business for over 10 years and I can tell you one thing, being creative is not doing whatever the hell you want, its doing something different, special, or evoking a feeling or mood from what you are given to work with, of which Jason has done a fantastic job.

Being creative is just that....be creative.

I won't dignify the parallel you try to draw against communism with comment.

If I were mandating something I could understand, but this was put to the group and they (you) have spoken, tomorrow, I'll tally the results and go with majority. What other internet site gives you this opportunity?

JC

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All,

I suggest that you do *not* adjust your existing sigs, this lowers the quality and generally looks bad.

What I suggest is resizing in Photoshop from the original format (Jason is no doubt using Photoshop and has high quality originals). I understand that not everyone has a copy of Photoshop laying around and as Frank has stated, we are MORE than willing to take this responsibility on.

Lets try this, I'll contact Jason and try to get his original files and deliver the new resized sigs. Everyone sit tight and if Jason agrees to hand over the PSD's (originals) I'll start a new thread with all the new images and you can pull the sig from there.

Sound good? From this point forward, lets leave this thread for voting only. By the responses, it looks like this will happen but I'll keep the "polls" open till tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for understanding and I assure you that the new sigs will look just as good as what you have now.

JC

·
Registered
906 Posts
As a graphic designer, I always have parameters that I have to work within. The creativity is found within those borders. ....I think somebody (JC) just said that! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

HarleyB
..votes: Yes

'85 Low Glide/Springer -my vert
'01 Quicksilver/Black Z06 •SilverShark• Kirban/Hardbar®

Throttle Depressed. Driver Very Happy. Beware the "427 Z06"...It's coming!

·
Registered
906 Posts
New 450 X 60 size sig...

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Frank, let's change Jason's title to Sig Moderator /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

JC

1 - 20 of 37 Posts