Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I counted about 40 participants. C5 ZO6, ZR1, Verts and Coups, C4's, even a black C6 Coupe which needed an aftermarket free flow exhaust as I followed it up most of Rt 100. It sounded weak, a muffled whoose. NSX's, a Delorean, a Pantera, Vipers, Honda S2K's, 280Z, 300ZXTT, 350Z, Mercedes roadster, '05 T-Bird, a couple of Lotus's, 2 Elise's, an Esprit, and a new '05 Porsche Boxster.

John's clean EB. He treated me to a spectacular burnout on Rt 4 heading into Quechee. He left a nice long pair of blackies through two gears.

John's friend Bob's black Vert. He was up at 5:00 a.m. washing his car for the cruise. Now that's a true enthusiast.

More cars arriving for the 10:15 departure.

A nice Esprit.

Well we all know about this bad boy.

The crowds were gathering.

There were two of these red street legal go-carts. Under 2000 lbs, brembos, it handles and is fairly quick.

The NSX Club was well represented with 4 or 5 of these all aluminum missles.

Finally time to let these machines stretch their legs.

A GTS at speed.

Bob sans top enjoying the perfect summer day.

Cruising speed in excess of 80 mph. Boxster's plate read BUGKLR (bugkiller)

Heading into Vermont where a couple of locals in their pick up's tried to join the action. One guy thought his Hemi Ram qualified.

John, his brother Peter and Bob decided to break off from the cruise at the lunch stop and go to the Corvette Museum in Springfield. How was the museum John? Did you take some good roads up to Barre? Is it Peter who owns the house in Barre?

·
Registered
497 Posts
nice cars! thanks

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
awesome pix.

where are the exotics?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I think they use the term "exotics" loosely and to garner interest in the event. No Ferrari's, lambo's, Maclarens, or Porsche GT's.

·
Registered
224 Posts
The Corvette museum was nice, I picked up a few items while I was there. :D

We had a great cruise on I-91 South, found some open road and hit 146 with my car, nice and stable at that speed. :thumb:

We took exit two off I-89 in vermont and took route 14 into Barre, a nice road with some good turns and no traffic.

My brother does have the house in Barre, we got a lot of stares and tumbs up blasting thru the downtown area Saturday night. I am sure they don't get to see three corvettes in a row very often. :coo:

I was surprised how well the car can burn the tires in first AND second gear, I did that a few more times over the weekend and I need new tires now. :lol:

As I don't know how to post pictures I will email you a few Skip, do you mind posting them for me?

John

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thanks for the report and pics.....glad you guys had fun. You had great weather too! :thumb: :yeadog: :yeadog:

See ya at NHIS... :thumb:

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jim-the cruise needed a few more ZO6's. Your millenium yellow and the Mallet Z would have added a little flavor to the mix.

I'll be at the August SCDA event.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are the pictures that John took. I love the one of the three C5's in the field.

The gathering place.

The lunch stop in Quechee, VT.

On to the infamous Rt 100.

John, Peter, and Bob went to The Corvette Museum in Springfield, VT. They have regular cruise nights here during the summer.

A scenic backdrop for the C5's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts