Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any information out there on what is legal or not legal for street use, or if there are even any restrictions on this issue?

Also, I have no experience with Nitrous and was wondering what if any damage it can do to the engine or possibly the tranny. What are the down sides?

What's the deal with the different jetting options for different HP increases? Why wouldn't you just go for the highest HP if you're bolting on the juice?

Any and all info would be appreciated. :D

·
Registered
396 Posts
I dont think its legal but I have never heard of anyone getting ticked, but it prob depends on the state.

If used incorrectly it could grenade your motor. If used correctly it will just wear faster since there is more strain on the motor
The trans will be fine if you dont use slicks and dont dump it at 6500 all the time. Clutch will be the first to go.

The jets control how much N20 & extra fuel is allowed into the motor.

The reason you dont use the largest jet is because to much pressure will crack the pistons etc... A stock motor can only take so much

This is all just general info. Their have been guys running a 200hp shot on stock motors and having no problems. and guys just drag racing and having tranny problems. If you do use it have a very good shop do the work. Im not trying to scare ya, but iv seen parts of pistons rolling down the track because someone go to gready for power. Its a lot like Supercharging or adding a turbo's it can be done successfull, but it could ruin you day if not done right.
A 100hp-150 shot would be a safe bet for a stock bottom end.

Hope this helps

:cheers:

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bad,

Thanks, that helps a lot. I did a search on Nitrous and not that much info out there on the subject yet. I'd like to hear from people that use it successfully and some that have had issues and what they relate to so I can weigh out the pro's and con's.

More powers always great, but what are the risks vs reward. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts