Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm waiting on my 2001 ZO6 to be built on 13 April 01. I can't wait to get her! I'm wondering if I should have waited for 2002 version per rumors of increased HP and oil consumption issues. I don't understand the oil consumption as I had A 98SS with the LS1 and it never used a drop. Oh well I know I'll love the car! 12's is fast enough for me anyway!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Congrats on the new Z and welcome to the forum!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

GM is aware of the oil consumption problem, and I would be willing to bet the new style rings are already going into the motors. Just a guess.

Get the 01 and have fun with it NOW!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
209 Posts
I got mine yesterday. Feels like a slot car. Nice suspension changes!

I sure hope I don't have the oil prob. Maybe Frank is correct, in that the problem has been addressed. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
219 Posts
MDZ06 - Welcome to a fun and informative place! Please share your color and options with us.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. My Z06 will be built on Tuesday the 4th, with NCM delivery on the 27th!!!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome. The Car will be black w/ black interior. Only option will be floor mats (can you beleive floor mats are an option on a 50k car!). I was very impressed with my SS's performance so I'm really looking forward to the ZO6.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Welcome...and enjoy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
764 Posts
Congrats!!!!!

Your going to love that car and this formum. I have a Black/Black also. Are you sure about April 13 (Good Friday)? I will be in BG that week and plan on touring the plant, maybe I will even see yours!

Welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Don't forget it's tradition to burn em down in front of the museum as you leave.

I took delivery of mine(Torch Red/Modified Red) on Nov 3, 2000. I drove it 920 mile to Minnesota. Parked it and that is where it has been since. I have thrown the cover off a couple of times since but didn't want to get in because me feet were dirty. The snow is melting now and my feet are clean. I would say in about 2 weeks I will be flying down the highway with the Bose blastin.

Hope you have sunny days during the delivery.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
MDZ06:

Congrats /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif on your new car, and welcome to this great forum! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts

On 2001-03-31 19:30, z06phil spewed forth this drivel:
Don't forget it's tradition to burn em down in front of the museum as you leave.

Oh man!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Imagine at the Cruise-In when we have our group picture taken, and all the Z's smokin them down the drive!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

How many of us are going to be there?? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Mrs Zippy & I are planning on it!

Frank, anything new on the Z06 decal or windshield clingee thingee?

·
Registered
391 Posts
fcalmes,
Are you talking about the Labor Day celebration?

I plan on being there and cruising in with my club (Classic Corvettes of Minnesota).

We should have an area for the Z06Vette Forum members to hook up also. Maybe someone has mentioned that already.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts