Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IM LOSING MY PAITAINCE VERY QUICKLY ON MY ORDER for my my02 just woundering if any one in same boat as me .. i want to call the general and see whats the hold up .. i see alotof people have there my02 but me whats going on . its purchaed from a supporting dealer.. climbing walls here , first time in 10 years im vete less... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif

·
Registered
126 Posts
Well, I just ordered my 2002 Z06 two days ago and I hope I won't be in the same boat as you. I do know that the 2002 Z06 is an extremely popular Corvette right now, and I'm sure people are ordering them left and right. I'm sure tons of people are also upgrading from the 2001 to the 2002 due to the oil problems on the 2001's. We will probably just have to be very patient, but it will be worth the wait ! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif I want mine ASAP also. Good luck, and congrats on the 2002 ! So what color did you decide on ?

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
More like an update NOT upgrade. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif All years are great. IMHO very few '01's had oil consumption problems. FUBU69/LES

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
sabsz06-
Hang in there!! I have placed an order in May....received a pre-lim tpw of 8/20...then on 8/3,notified,it was being stretched to 9/17!! mad? HELL YES!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif

But...I am very patient...and Millennium Yellow will be THE color for me!! Whenever it finally arrives!

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Ah, ha, I get mine on monday, na na!!!!!!!

Just kidding Guys

Watch the web cam for me on Monday morning Aug 20th

Joe

·
Registered
0 Posts
We'll be watching for you Joe!!

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif I feel your pain boys!! Went through the process last year, only difference was we didn't know what the sticker price was going to be. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

·
Registered
76 Posts
Try ordering one in Canada. You'll find out the true meaning of patience. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

·
Registered
228 Posts
I posted this same questions in the Corvetteforum.

Math question. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I spoke to my dealer and GM customer service today. They both said my car in enroute to the dealership. I don't know how or when its going to get there but here are the locations where my car has been. Monday, it was in some town, Indiana. Yesterday morning it was in St Louis, MO. As of midnight last night, the car is in Cheyenne, WY. Today, it was supposed to stop at some town in Kansas. Why can't my car travel straight to my dealer in San Jose, CA? How much longer will I have to wait before I fly to SJ and pick up my car?

Raymond

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Hey "Wiz", no offense, but I'm just curious. If you purchased a new Z06 from ANY Chevrolet dealer in the S.J. area you must be one very wealthy guy. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I've talked to virtually every Chevy dealer in the same area, and NONE are the lest bit willing to sell a Z06 anywhere near MSRP. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif

Again, no offense, but if you're really not all that well healed (as in one of the lucky few .com millionaires around here), or maybe leasing a car to write off a private business you may happen to own, why prey tell would you ever want buy a Z06 in San Jose? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

·
Registered
228 Posts
dsinned,

None taken, I'm not the type that gets easily insulted. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Anyway, Anderson Chevy did sell me a 2002 Yellow Z06 for $3k over MSRP. After extensively searching gmbuypower.com, Anderson Chevy was the only dealer I found that has a 02 yellow available. I must have called at least 50 dealers throughout the US. No one had a 2002 Yellow Z06 that was not pre-sold. Not Kerbeck, not Maxie Price. I even called Ludwig (very nice honest guy) at Vettenet. Even he could not find me a yellow 02 that can be delivered within one month.

Raymond
PS. What I found searching gmbuypower.com for hours, Dallas-Fort Worth area has the most 2002 Z06 available. DFW area dealers has every color available except yellow. Most are willing to sell at MSRP except for Frank Parra Autoplex in Irving. They wanted $10k over MSRP. Get this, the buypower manager said I could have the car by Oct. He was serious. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Raymond, thanks for the feedback.

Actually, for the dealer in question, you got them to discount, well not off MSRP, but at least a couple thousand off their ridiculous "marked up" price. You bought a brand new '02 MY Z06 in the month of August and had to pay more for the priviledge. Afterall, in our capitalistic society, this is to be expected.

IOW, you did pretty good afterall for a San Jose Chevy dealer who "expects" the average buyer to pay $10k over.

BTW, I know of at least one other local dealer (in Hayward, CA) who has a '01 MY Z06 and is holding out for about what you paid for your '02. I'm surprised they let me test drive that car (a genuine pleasure) and I must admit a MY is clearly a color that turns a lot of heads. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Congrats!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts