Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states I am looking to upgrade my 02' stock shocks. My shocks are in good condition but I have heard many great things about the 04's. In looking at pricing the Bilsteins are @$50 cheaper, which ones should I get? I dont care about harsh ride, but would take performance over the comfort between the two.

Thanks! :usa:

·
Registered
806 Posts
2004 ZO6 Shocks are $319.52 @ gmpartsdirect.com. This is a very cheap pirce. Are the Bilsteins really that much cheaper? I thought they were more expensive than the OEM 04 shocks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SGT. PYLE said:
2004 ZO6 Shocks are $319.52 @ gmpartsdirect.com. This is a very cheap pirce. Are the Bilsteins really that much cheaper? I thought they were more expensive than the OEM 04 shocks.

$325 for the Bilsteins

Which is better since they are basically the same price? :)

·
Registered
806 Posts
02BlackZ06 said:
$325 for the Bilsteins

Which is better since they are basically the same price? :)
That my friend would best be answered as a new post. Get opinions from people who have used either/or and go from there. Good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
373 Posts
This may not matter much but the 04 shocks are also made by SACHS.

·
Registered
382 Posts
If stock ride height or lowered on stock bolts=04 shocks.

If lowered with longer rear bolts and/or cut/removed front bushings=Bilsteins(since they are 1" shorter)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OutlawDon said:

If lowered with longer rear bolts and/or cut/removed front bushings=Bilsteins(since they are 1" shorter)
What is the reasoning and experiences behind your answer here? I am lowered on stock bolts by the way..... ;)

Your reply doesnt really give me a reason as to why one would be better than the other. :p

·
Registered
135 Posts
OutlawDon said:

I agree. My car is lowered with new shorter front bolts and new longer rear bolts and if I had 04 shocks they would bottom out making them a poor choice for me. I went with the Bilstein's because they are much better than my 03 ZO6 shocks and they don't bottom out like my stock shocks would. The Bilstein's also give a softer ride on the streets than the 04 shocks. Personal opinion here on which you like best.

·
Registered
83 Posts
So does anybody here has any tips how best to replace the shocks. Never mind how much you paid for your chevy schocks?? I thank you in advance it is only a car
I wreck em you name em

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
and your point is? you do not know how to install the shocks ? or not willing to help???
I think he was just offering a helpful hint on how to get better response to your post...and he didn't have to use 4 half sentence posts to respond.

Mike

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
The '04 shocks produce a harsher ride, but they do keep the rear end planted better under power exiting turns. I you live where the roads are not smooth you will notice the harshness.

Cheers

1 - 19 of 19 Posts