Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
I just bought some from a non supportting vendor
Look under exhaust section at the website.

John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,744 Posts
Header wrap is for race cars and should not be used on a street driven cars. If the wrapped headers are made from mild steel they will rust out quickly and if oil drips on them you can set you car on fire. For heat reduction I recommend Swain Tech Header Coating it's different than All the other header coatings. It is applied as SOLID Ceramic Layers, not hi-temp paint. It is a true .015 thick Thermal Barrier.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IT L GO said:
Header wrap is for race cars and should not be used on a street driven cars. If the wrapped headers are made from mild steel they will rust out quickly and if oil drips on them you can set you car on fire. For heat reduction I recommend Swain Tech Header Coating it's different than All the other header coatings. It is applied as SOLID Ceramic Layers, not hi-temp paint. It is a true .015 thick Thermal Barrier.
I was actually wrapping my Xpipe and over the axle pipes to get less heat to the TRanny and the Diff. do u not recommend doing that??

thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,744 Posts
MUKAKsC5 said:
I was actually wrapping my Xpipe and over the axle pipes to get less heat to the TRanny and the Diff. do u not recommend doing that??

thanks

That's a tough call. It has some good points and some like I mentioned. You could coat the X-pipe :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IT L GO said:
That's a tough call. It has some good points and some like I mentioned. You could coat the X-pipe :cheers:
My tranny seal is bad and its slowly dripping fluid...
do I have a chance of catching my car on fire??

thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,744 Posts
MUKAKsC5 said:
My tranny seal is bad and its slowly dripping fluid...
do I have a chance of catching my car on fire??

thanks
The pipe temperature back by the mufflers IMO is not as near as hot as the headers. You might get some smoke but I don't believe you will get a fire.

Hopefully others will chime in with their opinions. :z:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
You have a worse chance of a fire with the header wrap. It will soak up the oil that drips on it, and if that ignites, you'll have a real problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Face said:
You have a worse chance of a fire with the header wrap. It will soak up the oil that drips on it, and if that ignites, you'll have a real problem.
whats the chances of it igniting??
I would like to know more about this

thanks
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top