Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are several pictures of a 2002 Electron Blue Z06 floating around that are from the "Official GM Press Release", along with pix of the new Z06 emblem. Do not post these on any forum before June 20th, as they are official GM property.

I've seen nothing!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
765 Posts
Now that I've got a clue... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

IF I had seen the pictures, and I haven't, my OPINION (yes, opinion) is that I really don't like it that much. I had expected (had I seen the picts) to see a much darker color on the car.

I think I better get on the horn to the dealer and get that Yeller 'un!

Anybody else, who hasn't seen the pics, feel the same way?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Lambinator, my exact thoughts. I think sunshine will definitely change the appearance, but not sure if it will make it darker. A lot of the pics floating around of the fender, hood etc look darker, and the spy photo floating around which Hib H. claims to be an '02 E. blue looks darker and has more purple to it. Now I'm really confused. Red/mod red, or E. blue/black?? I might wait until someone actually gets delivery of one, posts some pics, and hope that it won't be too late to change my order by then.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Good point about sunlight....keep in mind that all these photos (that have yet to be taken) were taken in a studio and the background/foreground were added digitally, so the coloring/hue/tint is artificial. Sunlight could possibly make the color appear a little darker and deeper by bringing out more of the metallic flake.

Still.... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

·
Registered
60 Posts
Frank...I would be really upset if you sent me pics like that.....hehe /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif
[email protected]

·
Registered
197 Posts
Frank,

Wouldn't it just be terrible if those pics got sent to [email protected] by mistake. Mum's da' word

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Frank .. me too, please.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts

On 2001-06-07 22:42, PbPedis spewed forth this drivel:
Lambinator, my exact thoughts. I think sunshine will definitely change the appearance, but not sure if it will make it darker. A lot of the pics floating around of the fender, hood etc look darker, and the spy photo floating around which Hib H. claims to be an '02 E. blue looks darker and has more purple to it. Now I'm really confused. Red/mod red, or E. blue/black?? I might wait until someone actually gets delivery of one, posts some pics, and hope that it won't be too late to change my order by then.

I have said this before even when I posted the spy photo, it is all in the lighting.
My Nassau Blue FRC under the lights at a gas station will turn from aqua to almost purple as you walk around it.
These photos (that I have not seen) are probably just a little lighter than the actual color that I saw at the BB.
Anyone waiting for their EB will not be disapointed.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Let's change the question slightly to help those of us who aren't "in the know."

Is the color darker than Nassau Blue?
chris

1 - 20 of 27 Posts