Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine had the museum delivery and was not entirely pleased. First, his car had 36 miles on the odometer when he picked it up. In addition, he ordered the Bowling Green, his car had allot of swirl marks from whatever the dealer detailed it with.

This is how the procedure works, the car rolls off the assembly plant. It is then transported via car carrier to a nearby dealer, to prep it, roughy 30 some miles away. Then it is DRIVEN back to the museum. Now, who knows who drives your car back to the museum. DId he beat on it? Did he have to enagage the ABS? WHich you shouldn't do for the first 200 miles. If any of you have been to the museum, you'll know there is allot of commercial traffic in the area. That means big trucks, often with payloads of gravel or like materials which are prone to leave a trail of debris. Maybe the guy who drove your car back was directly behind one of these trucks. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not attacking the man/woman who drives the cars back to the NCM, but these circumstances may unavoidably occur, even to the best of drivers. This may result in chipped paint, improper break in, etc.

However, there is a solution. I spoke directly with the dealer that preps and drives the cars to the NCM and he told me I could have the car flatbedded back to the NCM but I would have to pay for it. I would reccomend that you consider this option because I don't know about you but I don't want anybody else driving my brand new baby before I do. Hope this was informative.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I had the NCM delivery (First NCM Z06 Delivery) - no problems whatsoever. Adam Boca handled the process. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. There must be more to your story that is untold.

Vince

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I am getting a Museum delivery sometime in August. I may be interested in flatbedding the car back to the Museum. Who do I talk to about this??

Thanks..

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can call Judy @ the NCM and she will give you the # for the dealer. Then, once you call the dealer, he will in turn give you the # for the flatbed service.

Good luck!

On 2001-06-13 08:49, BLEUBYU spewed forth this drivel:
I am getting a Museum delivery sometime in August. I may be interested in flatbedding the car back to the Museum. Who do I talk to about this??

Thanks..

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I, also, picked up my Z06 at NCM with Adam, I had absolutely no problems, and I was told well ahead of time that the car would have ~30 miles on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts