Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you have been using Griots window cleaner like I have beware they have changed the formula because of the alcohol content and shipping restrictions. As far as I know they did not advertise the fact that they were doing this. I found out when my wife told me she had cleaned all the mirrors in the house using a recently recd bottle from Griots and that the mirrors were so smeared she had to clean them all again using another product. I called Griots and they told me about the change and agreed that the new formula sucked. When I asked for my money back they agreed but I had to ship at my expense the cleaner back to them. I decided that was a waste of time and money and emailed them demanding a refund without retuning the cleaner or they would lose my business and I am a very regular customer.
Can anyone recommend another cleaner? Thanks Greg :mah:

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Stoner for everyday cleaning....Zaino has a slight abrasive that works well on exterior problems...

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Invisible Glass by Stoner :cheers:

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Stoners
Perfect Glass by The Hope Company. PM if you want a Source of Supply.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Sorry to here about Griots formula change, been a fan for a while now. Guess its time to try Stoners Invisible Glass.

Thanks
Zrod

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Windex on the side, rear and interior glass...
Comet or Ajax on the windshield.

Charlie

·
Registered
875 Posts
For general window cleaning, mix 2 parts rubbing alcohol w/
1 part distilled white vinegar. Cheap, simple, and you almost
ALWAYS have the ingredients in your house!

For stubborn cleaning on windshields use Barkeepers Friend in
a paste with water and a cotton cloth/towel.

If Barkeeper's Friend followed by Isopropyl/Vinegar can't
remove something from glass.. it's done.

You can find Barkeepers Friend in your grocery store on the
cleaner aisle. Many of the other cleansers are simply WAY to
abrasive for glass and will scratch/ruin it.

Jim

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
dryforkz06 said:
If you have been using Griots window cleaner like I have beware they have changed the formula because of the alcohol content and shipping restrictions. As far as I know they did not advertise the fact that they were doing this. I found out when my wife told me she had cleaned all the mirrors in the house using a recently recd bottle from Griots and that the mirrors were so smeared she had to clean them all again using another product. I called Griots and they told me about the change and agreed that the new formula sucked. When I asked for my money back they agreed but I had to ship at my expense the cleaner back to them. I decided that was a waste of time and money and emailed them demanding a refund without retuning the cleaner or they would lose my business and I am a very regular customer.
Can anyone recommend another cleaner? Thanks Greg :mah:
Thanks for the headsup. Note to self (don't use Griots window cleaner).

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
IT L GO said:
Invisible Glass by Stoner :cheers:
:yeadog: It is safe to use on window tinting film also since it does not have ammonia in it. I buy it in Advance Auto Parts but it is a mass market product so you should find it in many places.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Stoner, I use it on everything. Tint, Non-Tint inside and out. Advance Auto Parts carries it.

D.J.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Stoner's Invisible Glass followed up (for the exterior) with a good polishing with Gel-gloss. Your glass will be silky smooth and water will sheet off.

In L.A. there's a restaurant supply house called Smart and Final. Obviously, restaurants have to clean glass, chrome, aluminum, grease and just about everything else so as you might expect, S&M carry tons of cleaning supplies in small and large sizes. You can get Simple Green and other products that have no amonia or phosphates very inexpensively. I just bought a window cleaner very similar to Stoner's for half the price. I'll let you know how it works out.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well they never answered my email so I guess they are not interested in my business. :screwy: :screwy:

ps. The Stoners invisible glass works great. THANKS :cheers:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts