Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just use "Lemon Pledge" and a damp rag. Simple, fast and looks great.

Karl
9th Corvette

------------------

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kgruber:
I just use "Lemon Pledge" and a damp rag. Simple, fast and looks great.

Karl
9th Corvette

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
You will find Lemon Pledge is great for the interior also.

------------------
Tom
Quicksilver/Red Z06
Corsa Indy, B&M Ripper, Corvette Concepts Ram Air Induction

www.c5frc.com

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Zaino, Meguiars, Forever Black or Stoners all have worked well for me, just use a few thin coats, very thin and you should be ok.

------------------
Carl V. *****Authorized Zaino Distributor*****
Huntingdon Valley, PA.** 2000 Magnetic Red Convertible **
MN6,F45,QF5,AQ9,AG2,CJ2,T96,B34,AAB,UN0,U1S,JL4,UV6,T82,N37
** Corvette Club of Delaware Valley **

www.hcvind.com
E-Mail: [email protected]

G

·
0 Posts
It seems I have making up excuses to my wife to explain why I need to detail my MY Z06 more than once a week. So far she is buying it. Anyway, I used a tire dressing called Black Magic and applied it and let it dry overnight but it was a disaster. Both front and rear wheels extend beyond the fender enough that black specs were flung up and down the sides of the car. I had to resort to about six hours of work carefully useing acetone on a Q-tip to remove the VERY stubborn little stains.

That's the warning.... now does anyone have a product/technique they have been happy with? Believe me, I'll leave them dull black over risking these flecks again.

------------------
'01, Z06, stock Millenium Yellow (other than factory electrochromics and BSMs), Everyday driver (such a treat to drive Automobile's car of the year!)

[This message has been edited by felkebg (edited 02-14-2001).]

G

·
0 Posts
Thanks guys. This helps a lot. I have several things I will try now.

------------------
'01, Z06, Millenium Yellow (electrochromics, BSMs, magnetic oil plug, cargo net,and velcro'd accessories), Everyday driver (such a treat to drive Automobile's car of the year!)

·
Registered
496 Posts
I've had the same problem. Unfortunately, I have no solution. I just don't use tire dressing anymore unless I'm at a show.

------------------
SSPORT IT UP!!!

E-Mail: [email protected]
National Corvette Museum Member #4641
2001 Speeday White Z06 Corvette SS
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

·
Registered
34 Posts
Meguire's <sp> has a good dressing that seems to stick well. I've also used Turtle Wax "tire wax" with good results. It goes on with a sponge. The nice thing is that if you wipe it right off, you get a mat, low gloss finish instead of a greasy shine.

Worth a try, but I can't swear that it won't spin off like the other stuff did. I do know that Black Magic does not stick well at all.

------------------

G

·
0 Posts
303 is the stuff to use, IMHO. You can find it at boat places or on the Miata newsgroup. The stuff is a nice clean look without the shiny look and lasts for weeks with one application. Good stuff, does not sling off onto the fenders.

------------------
Bob Hardt
00 Mallett 396 HARDTop
01 Corvette Z06 Speedway White w/red trimmed int.
C5Reg NCM Ambassador
NCM Lifetime Member

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I use Black Magic on my cars, too -- but I spray it on a spnge, and wipe the tires with the sponge. This way, it applies the stuff, but it also spreads it evenly, and wipes away the excess. Sometimes I'll re-wipe them later, using the same sponge, but without re-applying any dressing to it (so the sponge is just kind of moist). Seems to work well, though I haven't used any on my MY Z06 yet.

-Kirk

------------------
2001 Z06
MY w/Black
Memory, Mirrors, Mats, and Moldings!

·
Registered
292 Posts
I just tried Mequiars Endurance and had similar results with spraying from the tires. So I am going to try:

http://www.supershinedetail.com./

Looks Wet No Mess. Just ordered it this last weekend, so I will report once its on the tires.

Bob

------------------
2001 Torch Red/Mod TR Z06

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1520566&a=11496079
Zaino,CAGS defeat,Lloyds Z06 front/cargo mats,CAU decals,Z06 exhaust plate,Valentine 1/remote,BP Al Gas Pedal,power antenna,Dynamat Super interior,K&N air filter,Z06 TR Vette Rest,A&A frame savers.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I don't use any dressing at all. I keep her naked because all that crap dries out the rubber.

------------------

Quick Silver ZO6
Modified Red interior
Ripper w/ Momo knob
Vortex Ram Air

G

·
0 Posts
I too like Meguires, only I just use the "Rubber Conditioner". It is not shiney, just black. I have had no problems on my last ride (VR-4) or my Z06, or my truck. I really like the "clean" look over the shiney. Just my opinion though.

------------------
Blk/Torch, Lloyd Z06 Mats, C-Fiber Rear Z06 Plate, Halltech C-Fiber sidewinder(ordered?),V1
Constant Smile!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts