Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I just received in the mail today, an offer from DS Services regarding extended warranty information. At the top left corner of the letter is a logo that looks very similiar to GM's. A bold capitalized DS underlined like GM's. Before I give this company a call, does anyone know of this group? Are they legit? Here's the "warning" alert, I only have 72 hours to take "advantage" of this "exclusive" offer! If anybody else has received this letter, could you let me know what the "deal" is. Thanks. C.J.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I've had bad luck as has my brother and many others with aftermarket warranties. They tend to drag there feet getting your warranty repair paid and often want to visit the dealer to see said warranty work which results in your car being in the shop longer. My brother had an aftermarket warranty on a Pontiac Sunbird he had, it spun a rod bearing and trashed the bottom end so GM wanted to put in a new short block. Warranty said no and just put a new rod in and 2 bearings, leave everything else alone. 2 weeks later the bottom end seized up just as GM said it would. This time the warranty company went ahead and put in a new motor, this process took 3 months start to finish. My brother then canceled the remaining warranty on the vehicle and traded it in on a new Lighting. I don't know about DS but I would go with the GM warranty.

·
Registered
475 Posts
GM warrenty

I am going out of factory warranty the last day of May 05. I called Lone Star Chev here in Houston for a quote. My Z has less than 36K miles. They said in order for me to get a GM warranty I would have needed to apply and pay for it 3 months before the factory warranty ran out. They say it's too late, but they can sell me an "aftermarket" warranty. Does anyone know if this 3 months rule is true?

·
Registered
14 Posts
No that is not true mine is up May 17Th and I just now got around to purchasing the GMMP extended Warranty.Call Jason Walter at Ross Downing chevrolet they are a sponser here and was Great to deal with.I just bought the 36/30 0$ for about $750.hope this helps.. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
wlxx861 said:
I am going out of factory warranty the last day of May 05. I called Lone Star Chev here in Houston for a quote. My Z has less than 36K miles. They said in order for me to get a GM warranty I would have needed to apply and pay for it 3 months before the factory warranty ran out. They say it's too late, but they can sell me an "aftermarket" warranty. Does anyone know if this 3 months rule is true?
As long as you are still under the factory warranty you can purchase a GMPP extended warranty. The 3 month or 3K mi rule applies if you want to further extend a previous GMPP extended warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts