Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand Chevy keeps a warranty record on each car in a national databank. The two dealers I have tried will not let me see it, citing various policies, as to a used 2003 Z I recently bought. How do I get this report? Any suggestions? If any of you who work for dealers can help me out, send me a PM. I WILL keep it quiet and I could make it worth your while. ;)

Thanks for your help, in advance.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Go to the Dealer and grease there palm. I'll bet it will work like a champ. :cheers:

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
I believe that is true for warranty work, but not all work done on the car!!
They have a couple different network databases that the dealer has to pay to be in for things like oil changes, tire rotation etc!!
You can't just take a Vin to a dealer and get a complete service history from Chevrolet!
We aren't there yet, look at Carfax! Anyone that believes their halfass reports go smoke another one!!

Ken

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
quickZ said:
I understand Chevy keeps a warranty record on each car in a national databank. The two dealers I have tried will not let me see it, citing various policies, as to a used 2003 Z I recently bought. How do I get this report? Any suggestions? If any of you who work for dealers can help me out, send me a PM. I WILL keep it quiet and I could make it worth your while. ;)

Thanks for your help, in advance.
Send a PM to jdogg with your VIN# and I bet he can get this report for you.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I took my VIN to the dealer and they printed out the warranty history of my car and gave it to me. It had every claim and more, even had the date and milage when the car was bought.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help, everyone. I'll see over the next few days.

·
Registered
229 Posts
it is the GM vehicle inquiry system.the dealer that i bought my car from printed it out for me for free which for example shows my car had the piston ring upgrade at 10k miles. it can be a valuable reference if you sell the car.it has outstanding recalls,warranties and a claim history which shows all warranty work that was done on that car at any GM dealer.you just need to find a dealer that is not too lazy/stupid to do it.you may have to get it mon.-fri. during the day, they may not be able to get it on the weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts