Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car due any day and I'm thinking about some modifications you all are talking about.But what about warranty voids. If anybody could give me ideas on fairly inexpensive mods that don't void warranty I would appreciate it.Its going to be an everyday get around ride so not looking at extensive mods.

·
Registered
420 Posts
No mod can void the entire warranty. A mod can only cause the dealer to not cover a repair under warranty IF THAT MOD CAUSED THE PROBLEM.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
NetJunkie said:
No mod can void the entire warranty. A mod can only cause the dealer to not cover a repair under warranty IF THAT MOD CAUSED THE PROBLEM.
...IN THE DEALER'S ESTIMATION. This could be a problem for you. Apparence mods shouldn't cause a problem however. They probably give a more noticable affect than most performance mods you bolt on. :smile:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
It sure sounds like an aftermarket (replacement) inlet air system is something worth considering. I have been following Jim Hall's dyno testing of his new Z06 with keen interest.

Also, IMHO, if you generally drive in a moderate to high OAT environment, a low temp stat (together with some means to turn on the fans at a lower control setpoint), is about the cheapest bang for buck for ANY car.

I seriously doubt either of these mods have any ill affects on a warranty. And even so, they are merely bolt ons that can be taken right back off if they should ever come into question during a warranty claim.

I have often heard another suggestion from many different sources, although it is not that cheap. :(

Instead of spending any money on various aftermarket "mods", you should enroll in a performance driving class at the track. Then, you will learn how to utilize more of the performance potential you have in a car like the Z06 (which is already more than enough for most of us to handle).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts