Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now i'm bummed out.Saved my pennies to buy Hurst shifter and t-1 intake and dealer is telling me either mod will void my warranty.Is this right?I can't afford not to have warranty.Does everybody just accept this fact when you'all are doing these mods, or am I being fed a line of B.S.I would really appreciate some input from my Z-bruthas.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Your dealer is full of :bs:

Get 'em both and enjoy! :cheers:

P.S. You can always go back to stock if you had to. :)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
That is a bunch of crap. Obviously the shifter and intake are not under warranty but those parts should not affect or void warranty on any other parts. I would go to another service center and establish a rapport. Talk about those things with the tech. Remember, you can choose the center that you want to have work on your car. Too many people think just because they bought the car from a particular dealer they have to take their car there for service. No, you do NOT have to do that. Find another service center.

Don

·
Registered
286 Posts
BULL S

Now lets see I have Halltech TRIC long tube headers, nitrous oxide, band m shifter and a full warrenty. Wehn I bring this car by the dealer they talk about the mods. Not to mention when I reprogrammed my PCM and went back to stock they reprogrammed the computer "Flashed it" to stock and no cost. Your dealer is a full of crap. :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Re: BULL S

OpticZ06 said:
Now lets see I have Halltech TRIC long tube headers, nitrous oxide, band m shifter and a full warrenty. Wehn I bring this car by the dealer they talk about the mods. Not to mention when I reprogrammed my PCM and went back to stock they reprogrammed the computer "Flashed it" to stock and no cost. Your dealer is a full of crap. :cheers: :cheers:

You have a very nice dealer:D

:cheers:

·
Registered
32 Posts
If the new part causes other problems, then the new part along with the other problems are not covered. Example, the new shifter has nothing to do with the heater core, so if the heater core goes bad, it obviously was not the fault of the shifter! I was told this info by a dealer.
Bob

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Bob57 said:
If the new part causes other problems, then the new part along with the other problems are not covered. Example, the new shifter has nothing to do with the heater core, so if the heater core goes bad, it obviously was not the fault of the shifter! I was told this info by a dealer.
Bob
As I understand it, there was legislation called the Magnuson-Moss Act that limited the dealers' ability to void warranties due to aftermarket add-ons. As noted above, if an aftermarket part causes a failure 'downstream' from the part, the affected parts may not be covered by warranty, but other parts would still be covered. Most of this is at the dealer's discretion, and is open to interpretation ... I think that if you start making serious mods to the engine, it could easily be argued that a subsequent engine, clutch, transmission or rear axle problem MAY have been caused by the increased power, and therefore MAY not be repairable under warranty ... unless you get a VERY speed-friendly dealer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts