Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at SLP customer appreciation day in Englishtown NJ this past Saturday. There was a Torch red Z06 and a black one. I got one time trial run in my SS after waiting in line for 1 1/2 hours so I didn't get to say hi to either fellow Z owner. Bummer!! I was hoping to find out who it was and what the black Z06 ran in time trials.
Next year I get to bring my Z06 and hopefully it will be a 2002. I am starting to suffer some oil consumption problems. ! qt in 1500 Miles.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was the Torch Red and I took 2 runs. The 1st run was 13.6 and the 2nd was 13.4. I have never dragged before and it shows in my times. I guess I will just have to practice!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am really sorry I missed you!! By the time I got my one run in and got back to the area we were parked (I was right near you by the big bow tie) I couldn't find you. I wanted to say hello but then I watched some of the runs and when I got back you had left.

I'm not sure if I mentioned that I had my 99 Camaro SS (haven't bought anything from SLP for the Z06 yet) but I ran a 13.9. I was disgusted!! I forgot the traction control after the 1 1/2 hour wait to get one time trial in!! I have run 13.6 in the SS before with bad reaction times. This time I had a .546 reaction time and just blew it with the traction control. I am getting a reversal module this week. I'll be sure to post the next event I go to. I would love to meet someone from this board!
Dan

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Dan, I go to NewEngland Dragway every chance I get. Usualy Greg TT ZO6 is there. He is suposed to get his car back from LPE this week. Ric

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ric, I am not really a drag racer but would love to try a few runs. I think with a lot of practice, I could get pretty good at it.

I loved the license plate on the torch red Z06 at SLP day!! I'll tell you how I ended up with mine.

I was at Bragg-Smith g taking the 3 day course for the Camaro SS. On the last day, a friend from GM took my wife Grace for a ride around the track in a Z06. They did 4 or 5 laps. When she got out of the car, she said, "you have to buy one of these". Wow, what a wife!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts