Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it bad to squirt the hose directly into the front air inlets or the rear brake ducts? Does the water drain out somehow, or do you have to park on a hill?

Added note- what a bitch these rims are compared to my old 5-stars. I need to get some type of spongue on a stick like you would use for washing tall drinking glasses. Is there a auto specific type of device like that? Where would I be able to get one?

Thanks for your replies in advance!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Whatever gets trapped ANYWHERE will come out and get all over the car when you drive it.:bang: I wouldn't worry about it. :D

For the wheels, I have a thing that I got at Pep Boys (so most other car parts places should have them) that is a plastic stick with a blob of wooly stuff on the end. Conforms nicely to getting in between the spokes. These wheels are a bit of a pain to clean. :guiness:

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Ohh man you hit the nail on the head. The rims are a bitch to clean. As far as the water getting into the brake ducts I wouldn't worry about it cause it will just run out:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Do a search on Fieldcrest Charisma towels.

Use a California Water Blade.

Enjoy!

:D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PerforminNorman said:
Wait til you see how many gallons of water the mirrors hold. It is absolutely astonishing. hahahhaa
This is soooo true! After I'd wash and Zaino my vert, I always like to drive a little slow after I clean (I don't really know why)but as soon as I'd get up to highway speeds all this water would come out of the mirrors and end up all over the side of the car and the windows. So now I bring a towel with me and pull over on the side of the highway and dry. A little bit of a pain but so what. Everyone driving past must think I'm nuts, unless they have a Vet too.

·
Registered
332 Posts
After I wash my Z, I turn the mirrors so most of the water can drain out while I dry the rest of the car. Blowing with an air hose or canned air works good too. And I agree on the water blade - they save soooooo much time. ;)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Because the wheels are clear coated I would hesistate on using anything but 100% cotton toweling or lambwoool wash mitts. Further I would use only those implements dedicated to the wheels and tires. Not to mention washing so that the liquid is not used on other body parts.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I use just a good car wash soap (zymol/zaino) on the wheels. With the use of a wash mit (pep boys) you can reach all most the entire inside of the wheel. The rest I either do with my bare hand or a rag. Although I'm sure this doesn't sound like it may work, it does. If you clean them often enough, brake dust doesn't get a chance to stick. I try not to use wheel cleaner....many are too harsh. Many leave pit marks in the clear coat, this allows the brake dust to stick even more. Infact, I have seen some turn the clear coat cloudy over time. Just make sure you use a different wash mit for the body of the car. I use to do this for my 30th ann. camaro.......try cleaning WHITE 5 spoke ss wheels, that brings a whole new meaning to the word "bitch"

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Drying with a leaf blower.

If you dry the car with a leaf blower it will get a lot of that water out that likes to hide until you drive it (and blow it out).

- Charley

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Help me, Help me please

There was an old rock and roll classic with these lyrics. Probably the Kinks, "Taxman" I read the questions here and sometimes I just shake my head in disbelief. I'm still waiting for the post asking this forum what color underwear to put on for Corvette Museum Delivery. I'll save you all the trouble. If you are male, the answer is white. If you are female, the answer is match the car. Any other questions? Z06Y Lady, shaking my head, :eek:

·
Registered
878 Posts
Re: Help me, Help me please

Z06Y Lady said:
I read the questions here and sometimes I just shake my head in disbelief. I'm still waiting for the post asking this forum what color underwear to put on for Corvette Museum Delivery. I'll save you all the trouble. If you are male, the answer is white. If you are female, the answer is match the car. Any other questions? Z06Y Lady, shaking my head, :eek:
I hope you're just trying to be humorous. When learning, I've always been told, and heard that there was no such thing as a stupid question. When I teach, I always say the same thing. Sometimes I too can't believe some of the questions people ask, but I certainly wouldn't discourage it. Why do you shake your head at some questions here and post in disbelief? Are you serious or kidding?

If someone wants to ask ANY question, that's what we're all hear (pun intended) for. If you don't have something nice to say or any valuable input.. why do you post? I'm perplexed? If your comment was meant to be funny, I apologize, but I did not see the humor in it, it just seemed mean.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Re: Re: Help me, Help me please

thx2.net said:

I hope you're just trying to be humorous. When learning, I've always been told, and heard that there was no such thing as a stupid question. When I teach, I always say the same thing. Sometimes I too can't believe some of the questions people ask, but I certainly wouldn't discourage it. Why do you shake your head at some questions here and post in disbelief? Are you serious or kidding?

If someone wants to ask ANY question, that's what we're all hear (pun intended) for. If you don't have something nice to say or any valuable input.. why do you post? I'm perplexed? If your comment was meant to be funny, I apologize, but I did not see the humor in it, it just seemed mean.
Just kidding around. What color underwear should I wear today? Apology accepted. Z06Y Lady :)

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Help me, Help me please

Z06Y Lady said:

Just kidding around. What color underwear should I wear today? Apology accepted. Z06Y Lady :)
Start the day with freedom, why wear any........

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
20,626 Posts
Underwear? :eek: People wear underwear? :-?

And the doors also hold about 10 gallons of water, too!! :roll: Two days after I wash my Z06, there is water on my sills!! :mad:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts