Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After driving the Z06, I hear water or some other fluid dripping onto the headers, and it makes a horrible niose as the water is vaporized upon contact with the stainless steel headers. I think it's from the air conditioning. Is this normal, or did I miss something when I installed the headers?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Normal :cheers:

·
Premium Member
448 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Yeah unfortunately the evaporator drains out of a small duckbill on the r/s of the firewall and drips down onto the r/s O2 harness and r/s header. The drain looks tough to get to so I don't even know if replacement with a longer hose is even possible without disassembling the underdash components. I'd rather not have it drip onto the 02 harness but whadderya gonna do?

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
proexpert said:
After driving the Z06, I hear water or some other fluid dripping onto the headers, and it makes a horrible niose as the water is vaporized upon contact with the stainless steel headers. I think it's from the air conditioning. Is this normal, or did I miss something when I installed the headers?

It's normal, I've had the same thing happen, scared the hell out of me the first couple of time :lol:

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Normal. Happens to me too.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I have Kooks and it doesn't happen to me, but my buddy w/ LGMs sizzles nicely. I guess it's the difference in pipe shape. I still get the nice condensation puddle on the garage floor.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I never had that problem with my BPP long tubes either. It must have something to do with the routing of the tubes.

Cobra4B said:
I have Kooks and it doesn't happen to me, but my buddy w/ LGMs sizzles nicely. I guess it's the difference in pipe shape. I still get the nice condensation puddle on the garage floor.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Cobra4B said:
yep my LG's did the same thing, i didnt like it at all so i decided to add a extension tube to the drain valve and routed it to just the right of the right side header, i had to go in from the bottom and it worked, but it is VERY tight to get into and my arms with all the scraches prove it. i think the easiest way to get to it would be removing the r. side header for more clearance if you arms are to big.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts