Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been raining relatively hard in wonderful downtown Missouri! Just ask Frank...:)

Today my wife got in the car for the first time this week, and her floor board is soaking wet. The wetness appears to be straight water with no antifreeze in it. I'm wondering what is going on.

Another "weird" thing. This morning, before I picked up my wife, I jumped onto an on ramp for I-70. Having not been able to get crazy in the rain, I hit WOT and as I jumped to 3rd gear, I believe I felt a rush of heat and the windshield as well as the side windows steamed up very quickly. I slowed down immediately, and hit the defrost. The temperature was 190 and stayed that way throughout, nothing flashed on the DIC, and it kept running really well at about 85 mph. :-?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Take care,

ps: Don't know if it would make a difference, but my car is a 99 FRC, not a Z06.:cool:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Dan,

I had 3 '99 FRC's and never had a hint of problems with any of them. Better run it out to ELCO and have Bill look at it. Windows fogging sounds like a possible heater core.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fcalmes said:
Dan,

I had 3 '99 FRC's and never had a hint of problems with any of them. Better run it out to ELCO and have Bill look at it. Windows fogging sounds like a possible heater core.
Thanks Frank. Kind of thought that might be the answer, just hoping it was a leak from all the rain. I'll get hold of Elco and have Bill check it out. Met him Thursday. Really a nice guy and knows his Vette stuff.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Dan,

I'll be dropping off my Z Wed. morning for Bill to replace the differential seal while I am at the Eckler's event. He's the only one I trust with my Z's. I think Sherylann's has the same seal going out in hers. :( Bill's a good man. :) He'll fix it right the first time.

·
Registered
206 Posts
It is probably from a plugged drainage hose that allows the water to drain from the A/C and heater. Not a big deal:cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts