Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I just washed and Z6'd the Z again. I used my compressor to drive the water out of the mirrors. If I get water coming from the mirrors again, I am doing the mirror delete mod. hahahaha Just kidding. If water is present again, it will have to be coming from the pedestool under the mirror.

Have any of your explored to see if it is coming from the mirror housing or the base/pedastool for the mirror? :-?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
I have even tried a 215 mph leaf blower. Let car sit for a day went
for a drive a STILL water comes flying out of mirrors!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,392 Posts
Tail lts too

I just carry a clean ,dry towel. After I wash and shammie the car, take it for a drive around the block, and then finish drying it off. :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,844 Posts
Re: Tail lts too

Baron said:
I just carry a clean ,dry towel. After I wash and shammie the car, take it for a drive around the block, and then finish drying it off. :roll:
Exactly, the only way to remove the free standing lake that exists. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,392 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,847 Posts
mirror water

hey.. i finally found the advantage of living in the "mountain state " West virginia..

i park on the sloped driveway..... the water runs right out..!!

it is 70 here today.. i feel like i live in Florida..!!

i have the 61 vette out and the top down today !
WOW

what a headturner..

:cheers:
:p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
787 Posts
I've thought for a long time that they ought to make the guys who design cars wash and dry them before they're released to the public. Maybe then they'd *learn* something about what a pain in the butt it is. :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,754 Posts
I have even thought about drilling a 1/4" hole under the mirror housing at the low spot. One day I will be angry enough with of course a few beers and just do it! I bet that would solve the problem and no one would ever be the wiser for it. Just my .02 worth. Bill :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,332 Posts
70boss302 said:
I have even thought about drilling a 1/4" hole under the mirror housing at the low spot. One day I will be angry enough with of course a few beers and just do it! I bet that would solve the problem and no one would ever be the wiser for it. Just my .02 worth. Bill :cheers:
Bill,

Make sure its a short drill or you will have to mount a flag on top.......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,392 Posts
IMA Z06 said:


Bill,

Make sure its a short drill or you will have to mount a flag on top.......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You can probably mount the Flag on the piece left over for shortnening your antenna :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
2001 Z06
Joined
·
3,461 Posts
Maybe we need underside mirror sceens?? :lol: :lol: Hell, we have front, side and rear vent screens maybe one of our industrious inventors or vendors will consider this mod?:roll: :D

Thanks to Norman for a great post. :cheers: This one is just a pain-in-the-ass.:mad: I have to carry the towel and just wipe down the drips and water streaks that always appear.

But ya know, if this is as bad as it gets, I'm probably OK!!
:cool: :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
396 Posts
I agree - If you design it - You have to wash it to test it out!! I have often thought of washing used cars as a method to see all the flaws!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,103 Posts
Sunny in West Virginia!!
WoW!! Today was beautiful! So nice,had to back the Z out from hibernation and give it a wash and a Z6 treatment. Water in the mirrors?Yes,but like WVPHOTO says...Living here has its advantages as we have sloped driveways..:)

Even installed the FRC Partition Nate sent me a few days ago,the Red/Black one..........Carpet in the trunk area match the Center cover and the Partition carpet perfect!! Great day for the Z06!!
Zman:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,414 Posts
Well, maybe once

I can contribute a solution to you're problem with the mirror's holding a 6 pack of H2o...........
The mirror's are as you know Breakaway.............
Next time after wash, swivel them to the FRONT a bit...........
This will drain the vast majority of the 6 pack.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
778 Posts
PerforminNorman said:
Okay, I just washed and Z6'd the Z again. I used my compressor to drive the water out of the mirrors. If I get water coming from the mirrors again, I am doing the mirror delete mod. hahahaha Just kidding. If water is present again, it will have to be coming from the pedestool under the mirror.

Have any of your explored to see if it is coming from the mirror housing or the base/pedastool for the mirror? :-?
Norm,

Water is retained in the mirror base. Make a paper towel into a swab with a point and push it in with the mirror in the stowed forward position. ;)

Works for me.

Joe:D :D :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
778 Posts
70boss302 said:
I have even thought about drilling a 1/4" hole under the mirror housing at the low spot. One day I will be angry enough with of course a few beers and just do it! I bet that would solve the problem and no one would ever be the wiser for it. Just my .02 worth. Bill :cheers:
That is a great idea, along with one under each tail lamp :lol: :lol: . Anybody tried this yet???????

Joe :D :D :D :D
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top