Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang!

One of our strong supporters is thinking of leaving the Vet community and this forum! :(

Let's show him our support by replying to this request that he re-consider! :guiness: :cheers: :D

Zippy :) :)

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
It seems that he was very upset with his dealer about changing the price on him or something. I agree he has been very helpful to alot of people here and we should tell him that he needs to stay here where he is needed and we need him.:-?

·
Registered
340 Posts
No way Carl can't leave.....PLEASE STAY, an don't go to the dark side (Dodge)....there is no tradition behind Dodge

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Carl,

I know how pissed of you are. That happened to me with a local dealer in Milford, NH! I went on line and ended up buying it for less! And the home town dealer (in Nashua) has been great as far as servicing it. The Z06 is still worth al the trouble!! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Carl, please don't let one a$$hole dealer ruin all of the fun you have had in the Vette community.

Besides, if you go to the dark side you will look really funny wearing the red nose and funny wig while driving a "clown shoe"

Please stay with the only true AMERICAN sports car and community...

·
Registered
619 Posts
Carl,

Don't let some asshole dealer get the best of you.

Anyways, you can always hold onto the convertible for a little while longer.

Check with Rick,
He might have an allocation for a n EB.

Please do not leave this community.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Thanks guys, I will have to see what happens this week, but at this point it does not look good for me getting the Z06 I ordered, without going into details at this time I will probably be driving a Viper in the weeks to come, after 7 Vettes it just maybe time for a differerent American car, just never thought that I would say that. :(

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
hcvone said:
Thanks guys, I will have to see what happens this week, but at this point it does not look good for me getting the Z06 I ordered, without going into details at this time I will probably be driving a Viper in the weeks to come, after 7 Vettes it just maybe time for a differerent American car, just never thought that I would say that. :(
Dang, Carl... I really hope your dealer knows what's best for him (and for US, for that matter). Stranger things have happened -- you could have a buyer for your vert out-of-the-blue, and your dealer could be gathering his wits over the weekend. Who knows.

I hope the circumstances work out such that you'll be staying!

-Kirk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Carl,you gotta be kiding! i thought you gave up lsd years ago.
find another dealer.i do however think the big red nose and
red wig might be an improvement,in your case.

·
Registered
345 Posts
When people really bother you.......

Remember, it takes 32 muscles in your face to form a frown and only 4 muscles in your arm to bitch slap the SOB.........:D :D :D ;)

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Don't leave!

Carl,

Call Kerbeck's. If they do not treat you right and have your car in stock or on a midnight train to your place with in a week, then who can blame you?

In any case where and who was the dealership? We should all boycott any dealer that does not treat customers right!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Sad day in Vette land when Carl gets the big shoe....No but seriously you have the admit the 2003 Viper is pretty cool looking and at least it is American....But still I always said that if a Viper was the same price as a Vette, I would still get the Vette....The few Vipers I have encountered seem to be a bit cheesy...IDK just my opinion

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Guys this is it in a nutshell, my dealer offered me, and remember I said offered me a price of $3820.00 off sticker price, well after he offered me less money for a 5.9 Jeep than anyone else, I told him to forget the trade and figure a cash price, he did at $2500.00 off sticker, after I got done laughing at him and told him to keep the car. Later that week he called me and went to $3000.00 off sticker, he ask me how that was, and I told him not as good as $3800.00 off sticker, that is where I stand at this point. I know $800.00 is nothing, but it is the principle that is pissing me off, the dealre makes over $7500.00 on a Z06 at sticker price, I was told I could buy the car at just less than 1/2 of his profit, it now seems that is not the case. I do not have the dealer wash or detail my cars, all he has to do is the paperwork and hang 2 inspection stickers on the car, I do everything else, I guess it has got expensive to do paperwork these days. :D I have changed my plans slightly and hope to have a GTS Viper in the next few weeks unless my ex friend (the dealer) crawls back to give me a better deal.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
hcvone said:
I have changed my plans slightly and hope to have a GTS Viper in the next few weeks unless my ex friend (the dealer) crawls back to give me a better deal.
Carl, was that your dealer I saw at Home Depot buying knee protectors ? :D

Vince

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Carl,

Sorry to hear about your dealer trying to pull that stunt.Good luck with whatever decision you make, Greg.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts