Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You all know how I yap and yap about correcting your own dyno and track numbers so you have all the facts. Well, Jay at Computech Systems has agreed to discount their competition weather station 10% to all members. Just tell him you're from z06vette.com and give him your screen name.

http://www.computechsys.com

The unit is small enough to fit next to the air intake for dyno pulls. It provides a full range of weather info plus SAE HP correction factor. I use the same unit linked to their sortware to continuously record the ambient conditions on my laptop.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
RR

Great deal.........but, what about US compooter challenged folks........??
I stay lost 90% of the time with you guy's doing all the MAFTS, LTFT's, WOT's,STFM's, soon.....I am fairly sure I will come across a BM..............:p

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Roger, Not to confuse thing's but the TAG and PreformAir have built in automatic calculater to predict ET's for curent weather. Does Computec ? Or is it a sepreat piece? Ric

·
Registered
26 Posts
Roger,

Good link, thanks!

Do you know if this is more accurate than
the popular dynos that have correction built in?

Can you share some results?
Is the air at the inlet same as ambient above 10MPH?
If it's higher than 10 degrees F, ducting would be
worthwhile.

-Len

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PowerShifter said:
Roger, Not to confuse thing's but the TAG and PreformAir have built in automatic calculater to predict ET's for curent weather. Does Computec ? Or is it a sepreat piece? Ric
The RaceAir unit shown is for weather numbers only. To do dial-ins you also need their hand held computer or PC software.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
EB0206 said:
Roger,
Do you know if this is more accurate than
the popular dynos that have correction built in?

Can you share some results?
Is the air at the inlet same as ambient above 10MPH?
If it's higher than 10 degrees F, ducting would be
worthwhile.
I don't think this device is any more accurate than the dyno devices. The difference comes from where the air is sampled. The best corrections come from an air sample right by the engine air intake. The dyno instruments are usually fixed in the facility. Also, you need to use the same instrument for all your changes. Weather instruments are different and therefore you get varying results.

I don't know about the dynamic temperature thing. But with the PC recording system that I use, I could put the RaceAir by the intake with my laptop in the car and log the dynamic changes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts