Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My coupe's weatherstripping by the driver's side window pillar cracked and leaks like crazy when it rains. I went to my local Chevrolet dealership to order a replacement piece and found out that is one continuous piece from the driver's side to the passenger side. The bad part is it cost $300 for that piece of weatherstripping and they said they would have to have it installed by a third party guy that does their windshield replacement. Personally, I think $500 to fix a weatherstripping tear is a little high. :( I would much rather spend that on upgrading my exhaust. :jammin:

·
Registered
198 Posts
gtx76 said:
My coupe's weatherstripping by the driver's side window pillar cracked and leaks like crazy when it rains. I went to my local Chevrolet dealership to order a replacement piece and found out that is one continuous piece from the driver's side to the passenger side. The bad part is it cost $300 for that piece of weatherstripping and they said they would have to have it installed by a third party guy that does their windshield replacement. Personally, I think $500 to fix a weatherstripping tear is a little high. :( I would much rather spend that on upgrading my exhaust. :jammin:
I am in the same boat as you. After a recent rain I walked out to my Z in the morning and found a puddle of water standing on my driverside floor mat. I felt around and couldnt feel where it came from but I am guessing its the weatherstripping since that seems to be a common problem on these cars. :mah:

·
Registered
806 Posts
I got so :mah: with this weatherstrip thing and dealers I just decided to deal with it myself. I bought some black silicone and sealed up arround the windshield and the window's and have not had a problem since! :jammin:

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Dealer cost is too high! You can buy aftermarket weather stripping from any corrvette store, Ecklers, Mid-America, maybe even Auto Zone and DIY or take it to a windsheild repair center and they can do it for you.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
gtx76 said:
I went to my local Chevrolet dealership to order a replacement piece and found out that is one continuous piece from the driver's side to the passenger side. The bad part is it cost $300 for that piece of weatherstripping and they said they would have to have it installed by a third party guy that does their windshield replacement.

Why would you assume a dealership is the only place to buy parts or do service? What, do you think they have great deals or something?

Buy the correct part online. Go to an auto glass replacement business for the installation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts