Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And put the Z in for the Ring job. A little nervous about the whole thing but the dealership has been great to this point and they have earned my trust.

Its going to be a long week waiting to see how things go, plan on going over just about every day to see how its going, the dealership was cool with that...

Wish me luck...

Mark

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Don't for get to take lots and lots of pics...Good luck and I hope everything works out!!!:cheers:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Hey Mark,

One thing, I know it's going to be hard to wait, but don't rush them. Let them check out the car, make sure everything is done.

Good luck..... It will be like having a new car...

Ernie

·
Premium Member
2001 Z06
3,461 Posts
Mark: I'm afraid I'm in the same boat. Good Luck and I'll look forward to hearing of your progress.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Mark

Best of luck.........but, just check with Qwik.........be sure to take lot's of pic's............just in case.........
You may(pray not), need them at a later date..........;)

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hey Mark,
What dealer?? Please let me know how you make out.

FWIW, I heard at Bragg-Smith that the cars they use there were using a lot of oil. When they got past 10K miles, the problem was not nearly as bad. I seem to be having the same results. I was using a qt every 800 miles. I have about 8K on the car now and I am getting about 1500 miles before I have to put in a qt. That is acceptable to me. Not happy about it but I can live with it. Too bad the value has dropped so much. I would still love a blue Z like Zippy!

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dan,

Yeah I know, would have loved to trade up, but the resale value and trade-in value simply isn't there.

I have almost 11K miles on Zoe and the problem continues. Since I plan on keeping the car beyond the warranty period, hopefully for several years, then I worry about the long term damage that might be caused by this excess oil in the engine/exhaust system.

I have been told that there will be no long term damage, but I have a hard time beliving this. So I put it in at Chevy of Lowell, the mechanic is Dick Engle.

Supposedly Dick ran his own Corvette shop for many years, doing work for a large part of the membership of the North Shore Vette Club. He claims to have been offered a job by Calloway.

So far this dealership's service department has done everything to earn my trust, so I will give them this opportunity. I belive they will start on her on Monday. I will be over with the camera for pictures at lunch each day.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts