Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I got them in... having a dremel tool with a cutting wheel makes this job much easier. Also, you'll want to cut a 1/4-1/2" slit in the oem ducts (after you cut them) to make them go into the DRM extensions w/o binding.

The damage... well it's a huge PITA to get the stockers out and I had to use brute force to push them forward and then get them down and out.... I guess I'm too much of a brute b/c I spider cracked the lower left front paint :willy:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/cobra4b/000_1355.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/cobra4b/000_1356.jpg

I guess this gives me incentive to finally make a full smooth front bumper cover w/ no plate insert at all.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Sorry to hear of your troubles with the install.

Thanks for the post and pics - I am scheduled to receive my DRM ducts this week. At least take some comfort in knowing you are helping out some other folks like me!

I will be very interested in knowing what suggestions guys have on this subject.

Thanks again :usa:

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Damn ... !
I'm planning on doing the DRM and Spindle ducts, and try to keep up with members' experience in the installs.
If I understand ... you have to cut the ducts coming thru the fenderwell and then slip the DRM extensions over the ducts.
What I don't understand is the need to remove the existing ducts :-?
Z06Machine has installed the ducts, and Redshift has weighed in on the combo. :idea:

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Denny... you remove the oem ducts then measure, mark, then cut them. Then you fit the modified stockers in with the new DRM one and trial fit it all. Then you screwe the DRM one to the frame and put two set screws to ensure the DRM and modded oem one don't come apart.

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Thanks,
After I posted I visited PFYC and ... OMG ... read the DRM instructions!
Still wish there was a way to mount the DRM's without removing the oem ducts, but I'm probably still missing something!
:ity:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts