Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
change.........just passed over 1300 miles, and filled the engine with approx 1/2 quart.....to bring to Max.........
I am assuming, that this is totally acceptable for break in, and some (many) trips to the redline, and some spirited driving.......
Since it is an ' 01, I figure, this is very good news........
About NORMAL, or excessive??.......your thoughts.......:roll:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hmmm. I changed my oil at app 1600 miles. At that time it was totally at max and looked like brand new. The DIC low oil warning light came on at app 5600 miles, and I added one quart. The next DIC low oil warning light occured at app 10,800. Again, I added a quart. I changed oil again at the 11,600 mark. Next DIC low oil warning light came on at app 15,700. All the best to you!!

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Much better than normal, I am averaging a full quart every 900 miles or so, just got the"Low Oil Level" warning on the DIC this afternoon.

Had the oil changed at around 8500 miles, Odometer now reads 9388...

Mark

·
Registered
75 Posts
All metric to me. I have been adding 1 lt. of oil every 1000km, approx. I first noticed the low oil level light @ 2500 km or 1500mi that is when i changed it all for the first time. I have been burning oil since, about 1lt per 1000km...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts