Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just caved and spent over $1200 on nitrous parts (gah). My TNT F1 kit is on the way with my:

Timing Tuner
NGK TR6s
FPSS
NX switch panel
NOS Outlet big show purge
Dynotune bottle heater

That's about it. Looking forward to putting it on. Figure I'll run nitrous for a year and see how I like it. If it hasn't been all it's cracked up to be by the end of the year, I'll take it off the car and sell it. No biggie. Just have to try it, though, as I've owned my Z06 NA for quite awhile, my Mustang was supercharged, and now the Z06 can try on the giggle juice.

Hope the 75shot gets me above 500rw (with cammed/exhaust motor), I'll stay there for safety.

Thanks to all that've helped, you may get a few more questions though when this stuff shows up at the door.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Sounds like a nice setup. Let us know how the install goes and most of all how she's goes. :z:

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol to WayneE. Main concern is the fuel pump, after spending all the money on the kit, I guess I can debate in the next week or two whether to get another pump and spray a 100shot to 550rw (assuming the 100shot on TNT made 130rw and cam had no effect). I think I'm going to get the car on the dyno and see what it pulls with the 75shot first. Others say I can live with my stock fuel pump to ~550-560rw with a wet kit (big bollas on Corvetteforum). Not sure what to do yet, and if I have to be that greedy. Thanks for the words of encouragement, though. ;) I'll be sure to let you guys know how install goes and then how the car runs after everything's up and running.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Jag, who is doing your install? Anxious to hear how you like it. I am considering nitrous, but don't know if I have the discipline to just use it on special occasion. :crazy:

Bob :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
in respect to what will make more power(hp/tq) and which is safer.......... what route should I go: dry or wet?

thanks! :cheers:

·
Registered
290 Posts
02Black with your setup you could spray up to a 150 wet shot safely.

Thanks for the post and keep us updated on the install. If you put her on the dyno can you get a video also? I have a video of big bollas on the dyno in Houston of him spraying. (640rwhp) I can give you a link if you want. :coo:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Jagrmaister said:
Just caved and spent over $1200 on nitrous parts (gah). My TNT F1 kit is on the way with my:

Timing Tuner
NGK TR6s
FPSS
NX switch panel
NOS Outlet big show purge
Dynotune bottle heater

That's about it. Looking forward to putting it on. Figure I'll run nitrous for a year and see how I like it. If it hasn't been all it's cracked up to be by the end of the year, I'll take it off the car and sell it. No biggie. Just have to try it, though, as I've owned my Z06 NA for quite awhile, my Mustang was supercharged, and now the Z06 can try on the giggle juice.

Hope the 75shot gets me above 500rw (with cammed/exhaust motor), I'll stay there for safety.

Thanks to all that've helped, you may get a few more questions though when this stuff shows up at the door.
If it helps you I just put the same kit in last Thursday. I have a hd/cam car as well and a 75 pill got me 90rwhp and 110tq.

It definately was worth the cash right now.

Good luck with it, Jason

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Rpallas- Me and a couple friends who have done this before on other vehicles are going to do the install.

02Black- Definitely go wet. It makes more power, and adds its own fuel. In terms of safety, you'll hear countless opinions both ways. I just liked the concept of the wet kit adding its own fuel, plus, it makes much better power for the money. Kind of depends on what you want to achieve with the kit I guess.

JNF- What kind of power did you put down total with your heads/cam and then that + 75shot? Assuming still on stock pump. I figured the 75pill would net me about 90rw, and the 100pill about 130. I'm still not sure which one I want to run. As stated previously, I think it'll matter whether the 75shot gets me to 500rw or not.

·
Registered
138 Posts
JNF- What kind of power did you put down total with your heads/cam and then that + 75shot? Assuming still on stock pump. I figured the 75pill would net me about 90rw, and the 100pill about 130. I'm still not sure which one I want to run. As stated previously, I think it'll matter whether the 75shot gets me to 500rw or not.[/QUOTE]

Jag.- Heads(10:1 CR)/cam netted me 440whp and 387tq. I was going to mill to get 11:1 however my tuner thinks this cam and bottle will work better as is. 75 pill gave me 520rwhp and 494 tq. We plan on going big once I get a feel for the spray. Plus the wife says "rollcage next or park the car"!!! How long or how much rwhp is the bottom end good for you think? Tuner is thinking not much over 520whp.

I dont know how to post pics or I send you the before and after graph.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
:lol: about the wife...My girlfriend tries to get her say when possible (actually convinced me not to get tnt last year) but sooner or later I just stop listening and do whatever I feel like and take the heat from her. I know that doesn't work when you're married, though. But hey, she's supporting you purchasing more for the car with a cage. Sounds like a keeper.

Anyways, I'm not sure what the bottom-end is good to. I know a guy locally that has your h/c numbers N/A, then runs a direct port over 600rwhp and has had great success with the block holding up. Bigbollas on Corvetteforum runs ~640rw I think? and I believe he's on a stock bottom. There's quite a few guys on this forum with 550-600+rw setups from superchargers. I'd say the tuner's assumptions that the block isn't "good" for much past 520rwhp is erring on the side of safety. I'd assume anything over 550rw is pushing it, but that you could certainly get away with it for some time regardless of poweradder if the car's tuned properly and the driver is sensible with how they treat the vehicle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts