Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off Jeff is a great guy and really seams to know how to trully tune a v ette, anyway after a 4 hour ride down to his shop i threw it on to get a dyno tune done up, it pulled 360 base line, but im courious, i have a halltech tric., and a full lgm Lt package rt cats and borla exhaust, now i didnt go down ther to have a dyno queen, but to have the over all pcm tuned, which is more important than the max hp ,my question is after a 4 hour trip and say 80 mph avg.had my gm bra on the hole dyno run is my eng. dyno lower then it should be because its been running so long before i dynoed and tuned it , i pulled 15 hp out of the tune and max hp/tq 4th run was 372.8hp/373.2tq out of my 04 z with a halltech tric, and full LGM Lt w/ rt cats and stingers, any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Does seem a little on the lower side. With intake and TPiS headers, Random Tech hi flo's and GHL's after tune I was at 385. But the air could've been different, what's your smoothing factor, what temps did you have on the dyno? It's not far off but seems to have a little left in the tune.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
illmac77 said:
first off Jeff is a great guy and really seams to know how to trully tune a v ette, anyway after a 4 hour ride down to his shop i threw it on to get a dyno tune done up, it pulled 360 base line, but im courious, i have a halltech tric., and a full lgm Lt package rt cats and borla exhaust, now i didnt go down ther to have a dyno queen, but to have the over all pcm tuned, which is more important than the max hp ,my question is after a 4 hour trip and say 80 mph avg.had my gm bra on the hole dyno run is my eng. dyno lower then it should be because its been running so long before i dynoed and tuned it , i pulled 15 hp out of the tune and max hp/tq 4th run was 372.8hp/373.2tq out of my 04 z with a halltech tric, and full LGM Lt w/ rt cats and stingers, any thoughts?

I would disagree with Mike about the numbers being low....sorry Mike :D . Sounds like an "honest" dyno. :thumb: What was your A/F? If you were at around 12.8-13.1, then that is perfect and those numbers are spot on. You could get a few more ponies maybe by going a bit leaner, but those would not be worth the risk, IMO.

Don

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Hey there Don,
Don't want to start anything but my 385 was with a very conservative BPP generic tune.
Shoot Leslie with the same tune is hitting over 400 rwhp....safely.
And I'm not trying to downplay Jeff either.

But you know what....illmac said he wasn't after a dyno queen anyway..... The numbers are in order, I was saying that the 372 was on the lower side. That's all.
It's all good!

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Those numbers are in the normal range. Dyno's vary :cheers:

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Jeff tuned my 02 with ( first mods) LG "system" Cobra T-1 intake, Shaner TB, Borla stingerts and got 379.5 rwhp at 6000 rpm/370.1 torque at 5000 rpm
That was May/02 temp was 74.6 out correction factor 1.00 sae
My AFR was 12.8 flat across
You are pretty normal with those mods

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i know after driving 4 hours straight the temp was over 210, i didnt remember see the tc/ah off and the temp outside was around 75 and kindof muggy, we we concerned with a a/f of 13.5 and KR but with the mods i have it seemed to work better, took it for a test drive and it runs great, also would having a gm bra on effect the airflow to the eng. i would imagine it would.

·
Registered
413 Posts
base rwhp for stock 02-04 ZO6 is commonly 350-360...after LT and air intake with tune usually around 380-385....but dynos vary from shop to shop can see 10rwhp on same day...in the shop you had dyno pull up other ZO6 with similar mods and compare...good chance your is similar to others...they should be able to overlay several curves onto your chart and you can see exactly where difference occur....

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
C5 CU said:
base rwhp for stock 02-04 ZO6 is commonly 350-360...after LT and air intake with tune usually around 380-385....but dynos vary from shop to shop can see 10rwhp on same day...in the shop you had dyno pull up other ZO6 with similar mods and compare...good chance your is similar to others...they should be able to overlay several curves onto your chart and you can see exactly where difference occur....
yep asked the question about other Z's all with the same mods were with in 2-7 hp, its all good and im a happy owner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts