Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the salesman says they've already sold 2 Z06's so far for 80K each. He also mentioned that includes a 10K dealer markup. How is that these guys can already sell them without knowing the actual price?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Enviroag02 said:
the salesman says they've already sold 2 Z06's so far for 80K each. He also mentioned that includes a 10K dealer markup. How is that these guys can already sell them without knowing the actual price?
Ive seen a couple advertisements like this. They say they will sell one to you for 80k with whatever options you want and everything. Basically instead of guranteeing and contracting you a car for MSRP they do it for a set 80k. That way they can give a def. price to the costumer and will still make money on dealer markup, of course this is all assuming the car is under 80k to begin with. It would be really funny if these dealers trying to screw somebody over that are promising this for 80k get hosed when the car stickers at 85k. Thats 5k under MSRP :D

·
Registered
296 Posts
A dealer here in Denver would hold a auction for the first batch of Z06's they get. They have invited me to be there. Sometimes in September. They are trying to get as much as they can out of this, greedy bastards.:mad:

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Enviroag02 said:
Sounds like a load of bull. For the hell of it, I called two dealers today here in San Jose and they both told me the same thing. They said they can get me on a "list" and then call me (no money obligation to get on the "list"). When the official pricing comes out and they start to order their "in stock" allocation, they then call me and ask me what I want in my "special order". They mentioned nothing about price (not even a ball park figure) but they did say that if I was to special order one, I could get it for MSRP and the delivery would be late Sept.

One of the dealers (not a very large one) said they have about 10 waiting on the list... the other (very large) says they have 20 people on their list.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Enviroag02 said:
Salesman's Bull IMO

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
TetraU said:
A dealer here in Denver would hold a auction for the first batch of Z06's they get. They have invited me to be there. Sometimes in September. They are trying to get as much as they can out of this, greedy bastards.:mad:
I hope not becuase this is what I was afraid of. They will price them off the market. Let the idiots buy them wait about 6 months and get the same car for a ton less. I don't buy it. Who is the dealership I'd like to talke to them. :bs:

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
george said:
I hope not becuase this is what I was afraid of. They will price them off the market. Let the idiots buy them wait about 6 months and get the same car for a ton less. I don't buy it. Who is the dealership I'd like to talke to them. :bs:
Excuse my spelling in the previous thread. I had just gotten up and my son called me to look at this thread. :jammin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts