Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I cannot believe just how tiny the oil filter is for these engines.

I know GM engineers know a LOT more than I ever will, but I just kind of laughed. More filter area is better...period.

Not worried about it...I just think its kind of silly is all. :D

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
What filter did you get .... it can make a difference since there can be alot of difference inside the same small package :D.

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ZeeOhSix said:
What filter did you get .... it can make a difference since there can be alot of difference inside the same small package :D.
You bet it does!! :D I got a Mobil 1 filter. Comparing the sheer _weight_ of it compared to the AC Delco PF44 filter...what a joke. The AC Delco one is noticeably lighter, so I know there's less filtering agent inside.

Nevertheless, I've seen filters this size on lawnmowers. :p

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
If you go with an ACDelco, only use the Ultragaurd UPF44. Its supposedly one of the best filters made for the LS1/LS6 engines :D.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Hey Norman,
Do you have the Snapper 42" cut Viper or Z06 model:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
666 Posts
UPF44 CAN BE PURCHASED

Jayzvette said:
To bad they stopped making them:( :(
I believe that Delco is making them again. Bill Estes Chevrolet has them (Corvetteseller) along with Ken Fitchner of Fitchner Chevrolet in Montana on another Vette web site (I won't mention the other site here).

I ordered a case from Bill Estes Chevrolet.........

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Flash:

Most auto parts stores carry an assortment of oil filter wrenches. Is there a Pep Boys, Auto Zone, Discont Auto, Checker, etc in your area?

Zip :z: :z:

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
The UPF44 and the stock PF44 take different size of filter cap sockets or whatever you call them. Not sure of the size. Remember you will NOT get the factory installed stock filter off with ease. It must be the TIGHTEST FILTER EVER!!!! I ended up driving a screwdriver thru it near the bottom of it away from the mounting area.

flash32 said:
Does anyone know what size and where a can get a filter cap wrench to fit the UPF44

Thanks
flash32

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thanks for all the input ..... I'll go looking for the wrench this weekend.... I already found out the hard way that PF44 and UPF44 are different sizes ..... thanks again

1 - 14 of 14 Posts