Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
West Coast Corvette has declined to support the forum in '02.

Oh well, we thank them for their support to date and the support they have given our members over the past months.

Sorry to see them go.....

JC

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think some vendors don't see the value because they measure in terms of clicks, and that's dangerous.

3 of the people that ordered West Coast rims called the order in, there's no way to measure those types of sales.......

A lot of members have bought from West Coast and indeed, other vendors, but they might not realize it.

This is not directed at West Coast, but maybe inflated membership counts speak louder than quality of membership and content/presentation. IDK.

To quote a famous artist, "Time is on my side".....

JC

·
Registered
298 Posts
That sucks...I have ordered several items with them over the net. Sorry to see them go.

I always try to slip "Referred by Z06Vette.com" in the note field when checking out with a supporting vendor.

Hopefully they will reconsider soon.

Paul

·
Premium Member
2001 Z06
3,461 Posts
That's to bad....... :(

Like Hossman, I have made several purchases from WCC and I always identify myself as a Z06VETTE.com member. :z: :z:

Business decisions are just that, business decisions. My best to them, they have always treated me well.
;)

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Well

I ordered a couple of items from them OFF this forum BEFORE CHRISTMAS...........
And haven't seen them yet...........
Also, told them I CAME to them via Zo6Vette.com......:roll:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
I was going to contact them for chromies, but not now....hope they re-consider.

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
No worries, there are plenty other vendors whom I will deal with. RG, thanks for the help today!

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
N4C5S said:

3 of the people that ordered West Coast rims called the order in, there's no way to measure those types of sales.......
JC
I get most of my purchasing information gathering on the internet.

I'm old fashioned when it comes to ordering - I'm still not sold on the idea of ordering using only the net - I like calling and talking to a human when I place my orders.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
GaryZ06 said:
Their loss not yours
WCC Managment statement:

"Yup, lets not get in tight with all the Vette owners ... that should really make our business base sore :D"

G

·
I make it a practice to not talk about vendors

but this is an exception.

When I invented the TRIC Intake (now patented) I approached WCC in early 99. Halltech had no sales at the time. We needed help, similar to JC here on this forum, to make our dream a reality. The owner Greg (I think) blew me off on at least two different occasions. They dealt exclusively with another manufacturer of intakes, which I understood.

WCC is a distributor of OE parts, but manufacturers nothing of their own. Back in the mid 90s, I purchased chrome wheels from them for my C4 and had a pleasurable experience.

Since then they have grown by major advertising in the magazines, and have approached Halltech on several occasions to distribute our intakes. Please note they do not distribute Halltech intakes and never will.

My belief is this. If our product is not good enough to distribute when we are pioneers in the industry, then we are not good enough when we have grown to a company recognized by most C5 owners. We now have over 2300 Halltech customers, with 4 or 5 new customers every day.

I have a very long memory for those who fought in the trenches when we first came to the corvetteforum.com in July of 1999. I also remember those that would not give us a chance or followed every thread to bring sarcasm to our posts.

I left the corvetteforum earlier last year, primarily due to endless bashing. This is happening to WCC now, with almost no way for them to defend themselves. I think their business practices are above board and honest, but one disgruntle customer can roast a vendor’s reputation with impunity and get away with it. No proof is necessary to accuse a vendor of impropriety, or dishonesty, and that is not right.

I understand how this occurs on the forums, with so many anonymous names it is easy to attack vendors with no repercussions.

I agree that WCC is making the wrong decision with respect to this forum, which deals fairly with these issues.

Jim Hall
Halltech

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
I too have purchased from them several times with NO problems.

Perhaps they will read this thread and reconcider. Don't burn all your bridges :) :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts