Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was one of those beautiful spring days that you wait for all winter. You guys from the cold climates know what I mean. After what seems like endless months of dreary skies it was in the low 70's and sunny. Perfect Vette weather. It seems like everyone comes out at once on days like that. What I wasn't expecting was the reaction to the car. I got several horn honks, thumbs up and "Nice car" comments. As I was standing talking to a friend One car went by with a load of young cuties literally hanging out the windows whooping and barking and yelling how much they liked the car. On the way home I was stopped at a light and I glanced over at the little GTI in the left turn lane slightly in front of me and noticed the two young ladies in it were turned half way around in their seats checking it out. They looked pretty impressed until they got to the driver./phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif Oh well. It surprises me that a late model gets this kind of attention. The torch red paint probably doesn't hurt. I love this car!

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Don't 'ya just love it! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
764 Posts
I just hate when that happens!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
I guess I'm the new kid on the block. I love my Z06 almost as much as my other half. Please discount the nay-sayers that dump on the car writing that they all use oil (even the LS1's). It is simply not true.The break in proceedure means every thing. Synthetic verses mineral??? I don't pretend to know. Bye for now. What is not to love in a Z06???

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jim, Welcome to the forum. I think that the Z06 ownership experience, like everything else, varies from person to person. Some people are less tolerant of any quirks.I havn't noticed any excessive oil consumption yet but I can understand the frustration of those who have. I do know that every time I drive it I am amazed at how it seems to everything so well. Cruising easy or blasting through the gears this car just plain works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts