Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20 deg ambient temp change.................
Turned my Z from FAST.......to.............Can't keep em' planted.......:D :D :D
I am amazed at the difference in just 20 degs..........
"Now, if i could just figure a way to CAN it".............:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Yup - much nicer...I like that ass end kicking out on the 1-2 shift on the entrance ramp to the tollway... :lol:

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
They have it in a can...It's called Nitros Oxide:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Herr Frank

I have been (as you know) following the intake posts with gusto.........seems like REAL world gains on a stock Z, is basically in the 10 HP range, and no more.......

Do you find (you have the Vortex,I think), that it really made enough diffference to justify the $500.00 cost???.

IF you say, there is a REAL SOTP difference, and not just percieved difference( from air noise from the wide open filter) then I will do just that on your .02's...............pls advise.........

Since your family has 2- '01's.......I would think you would be a good guy to ask.............

I don't mind spending $$$$ on things that WORK.........but, I don't like add on's for the heck of it.
$$$$ too hard to come by...........

I, like Pwr Sftr, think, that the intake will be a A+ add.........if headers are included in the package.........
However, since the '01's are SO air starved anyway........the intake may just well help a lot................:)

·
Registered
0 Posts
The Vortex is the cheapest bang for buck out there. I dynoed 355 RWHP and 369 RWTQ. FUBU with the same mods dynoed 360 RWHP on his '01.

So, there is alot more there than just a feel in the ole butt-o-meter. The Z needs to breath. If you decide on a Vortex or a TRIC, that will be the best add on you ever bought.

I would also recommend using a Haltech pre-filter. You might lose 1-2 HP but it takes away the worries of water injestion, although both of our Z's have been driven for 365 days a year in all types of weather without the prefilter and no problems. I am putting them on today. It basically looks like a hair net....2 second install time.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Re: Herr Frank

ZO6LS6 said:
I have been (as you know) following the intake posts with gusto.........seems like REAL world gains on a stock Z, is basically in the 10 HP range, and no more.......

Do you find (you have the Vortex,I think), that it really made enough diffference to justify the $500.00 cost???.

IF you say, there is a REAL SOTP difference, and not just percieved difference( from air noise from the wide open filter) then I will do just that on your .02's...............pls advise.........

Since your family has 2- '01's.......I would think you would be a good guy to ask.............

I don't mind spending $$$$ on things that WORK.........but, I don't like add on's for the heck of it.
$$$$ too hard to come by...........

I, like Pwr Sftr, think, that the intake will be a A+ add.........if headers are included in the package.........
However, since the '01's are SO air starved anyway........the intake may just well help a lot................:)
Dan & Keith did me right at SpeedWorks (noticed you dynoed there). See mt new dyno results at the PDC.

I wonder what the intake would have given me alone...without the headers and exhaust.

Hope to run into you someday over there.

Do you ever go to Chuck's Burger Joint for the monthly Corvette meetings? I'm attending next time.

Jeff Nation

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Jeff

Was tearing up some Frisco area pvment yesterday.........I always keep my eye out for an EB '02................

Don't know about Chuck's.........when and where............may just come, would like to meet some local yokels LIKE MYSELF.......:D :D

As for the intakes........I think, from what I have ascertained, ALL except the T-1, and the TRIC, seem to average around 10, no more.......the Halltech's seem to go a couple of more than the rest.......;)

If/And, as I mod mine, I am going to do ONE at a time, or at least Dyno in between ,to check gains per $$ invested for HP gained or lost............seems to be the logical route to go........

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Tric was rated at a 22hp boost and the Rammer was +21hp. Rammer produced 3 more lbs of Torque.

Rammer was about 1/2 the price of the Tric, and IMHO looks better. I got the clear plastic to be able to do visual checks on the condition of the filter.

I also got the Power Duct.

Say what you will about the Butt-O-Meter Frank, but mine has never failed me :D

Anyway, I totally agree with Frank, as that has been my experience.....sans driving in the rain. :guiness:

:cheers:
Barrie

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Re: Jeff

ZO6LS6 said:
Was tearing up some Frisco area pvment yesterday.........I always keep my eye out for an EB '02................

Don't know about Chuck's.........when and where............may just come, would like to meet some local yokels LIKE MYSELF.......:D :D

As for the intakes........I think, from what I have ascertained, ALL except the T-1, and the TRIC, seem to average around 10, no more.......the Halltech's seem to go a couple of more than the rest.......;)

If/And, as I mod mine, I am going to do ONE at a time, or at least Dyno in between ,to check gains per $$ invested for HP gained or lost............seems to be the logical route to go........
I went by Chuck's today to find out when this local Corvette gathering takes place. Here's the skinny:

They always meeting the third Sat. of every month (except for winter ones)...I didn't realize we had a winter but anyway the meetings will resume in March. I don't have a time nailed down but I figure lunch.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for that Z of yours:)

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
ZO6LS6 said:
20 deg ambient temp change.................
Turned my Z from FAST.......to.............Can't keep em' planted.......:D :D :D
I am amazed at the difference in just 20 degs..........
"Now, if i could just figure a way to CAN it".............:eek: :eek:
If I run a 20 deg F air temp change through the SAE correction factor formula, it comes out to 3% correction. So, with a 20 deg F reduction in air temp, you would see ~3% of 350 RWHP = 10.5 RWHP increase :D

:z:

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Jayzvette said:
Yeah baby!! I love my cold, sea-level New England air!!!!!!!
Me Too !

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ZOS

Well, I guess that means WHEN it get's ZERO here, i will really pick up some ponies!!!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
568 Posts
I wonder how much of the intake gain is actually from the bridge and coupler??

I can monitor my IAT sensor readings using EASE.. Unless the car has been sitting at idle, the temps tend to be close to ambient. BUT, it hasn't been very warm since I have had the car..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts