Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already ordered with Ross Downing Chevrolet for MSRP, expecting delivery late this year. Just for kicks, I emailed some local dealers for a Z06 at MSRP, no more. Here's a response I got

"Its (salesman name) from Power Chevrolet (a local city in SoCal). I just wanted to let you know that I just got your email in regards to the 2006 Z06. I have to let you know sir that we have ordered four Z06 Corvette's and all in which are having a $15,000.00 mark up on them. And we are expecting them in here in the next few months. If you would like to order we do need a deposit and the price is 15k over MSRP. So please get back to me and let me know what your thoughts are. Thank you, "

I'm not sure how to respond to his email. :D

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
One line, "you're kidding, right..."

Mark

·
Registered
260 Posts
My local dealer, in Denver, who I have bought cars from is still insisting on $10,000 over msrp on the 2005's he has in stock..

I swing by every Saturday just to tease his salespeople.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
mdickie said:
One line, "you're kidding, right..."

Mark

Or...put the crack pipe down and step away from the computer. :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Whipdan said:
My local dealer, in Denver, who I have bought cars from is still insisting on $10,000 over msrp on the 2005's he has in stock..

I swing by every Saturday just to tease his salespeople.
That's why we cal them "Stealers" :bmad:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
This is probably going to be the norm...I know for a fact that a local vendor type (without mentioning names) here in Socal just paid 12k over window to get his first one...Unless you have a lot of history with a dealer or know a special someone at your dealer you're going have to pay some additonal, or wait them out...Because I buy so many new cars my guy will sell me mine in 2007 at less that window...I'm waiing until then for all of the right reasons, I hope...

Greg

·
Registered
12 Posts
I do know a dealer that is selling them at MSRP. He said that they are getting 7 of them.

I am in no away affiliated with this dealership, so e-mail me if you want some information on them. My girlfriend just bought a Cobalt SS from them about 2 months ago. I can't afford one otherwise I would be all over it. :yeadog:

e-mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Rapid Transit said:
So please get back to me and let me know what your thoughts are.
Soooo, have you shared your "thoughts" with him yet? :roll:

·
Registered
469 Posts
I don't get why you all hate capitalism so much... if the dealer can charge that and get people to buy them at that price - more power to him.

Just be an educated consumer and don't fall in to that trap... it's your responsibility to know what youa re getting yourself into.

He's named his price. If you don't like it, don't buy it - or go somewhere else and get it cheaper. I don't see a problem here.

·
Registered
79 Posts
tell him your thoughts are: He can paint the name of the dealership down both sides of the car and you get the car free! or maybe you can ask him what his thoughts will be in a year when the cars have been sitting there and its time to pay the taxes.Im sure the ford dealers will be contemplating this soon because if anyone has been watching the Gt's have dropped from $300k+ for the first few to just $171k recently which is still above msrp but i think they have them priced so there are more cars than buyers and some will get stuck with the taxes.HA HA more power to them! Sorry to break the news to the collectors and the greedy but all cars were built to be driven and enjoyed and no one is enjoying them sitting on a lot or in a sealed up garage. :ity:

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I posted this in another thread but I'll tell it again. My dealer got a fax from another dealer which said he would give up all of his Z06's, ship them to any other dealer that wanted them and that they would get credit for the sale. He was only asking $25,000 above MSRP.
:jawdrop:

As much as I want one MSRP is my limit and if gas prices go over $3 per gallon which probably won't be long the way it looks now, they might even be discounted if dealers can't sell them. I got my 2002 Z with a $2,000 rebate in Feb. of 2002.

·
Registered
53 Posts
10K markup only? thats 50 % cheaper than what I was told!

I went to Freedom Chevrolet in San Antonio, Texas.

Sales person said they will ONLY sell them for $20,000 over MSRP and claimed that 20 people have already paid a deposit and agreed to pay the 20K markup. He asked if I'd pay over MSRP (by a HIGH margin) and I told him I wouldnt waste his time as I wouldnt pay a penny more but I do understand the fees (destination charges and such).

Someone please call this guy & give him a hard time! I had my deposit in hand and they lost my business.:mah:

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update.
The salesman responded as quoted below.

"Its [his name] from Power Chevrolet [his dealership's city]. I just wanted to say thank you for the reply in regards to not being interested in a 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06. I do hope that you find the vehicle and the price that you are willing to pay. If it were up to me it would be MSRP. Not any amount over. But good luck in your search sir and have yourself a wonderful day."

Not such a bad guy after all.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts