Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys think that break-in procedures will be the same as for the base c6. I think they were 500miles less than 3k RPM or something like that. Or do you think the new motor will we require a different kind of break in i.e. 1k miles or something like that.

On a side note got the call from the dealer order goes in thursday should have car by the end of the month. The opening exhaust valves go WOO WOO

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Drive the car sane for the first hour. Drain the engine oil and change the oil filter. Install magnetic drain plugs if not already there and attach a FilterMag to the oil filter. Replenish oil as necessary and enjoy what you have earned.

Then go break it in. I'll track mine as soon as it's home. You have a warranty so don't worry. This is a HiPo car not a granny car. :usa:

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Get the car, put an easy 100 miles on it, then rip it to 195 mph redlining each gear. Atleast that is how I will be breaking-in my Z when I get it.. :crazy: :D

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Zlicious said:
Get the car, put an easy 100 miles on it, then rip it to 195 mph redlining each gear. Atleast that is how I will be breaking-in my Z when I get it.. :crazy: :D
Call me when you get that baby home. I'll take the wife and kids off the street. Swing by your local bail bondsman's office and pick up a few cards. You might need him some day soon. Good luck with your new car.

D.J. :yeadog: :jawdrop:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts