Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of replacing my stock tires soon on my 2001 Z06. What are some good all around tires to get and also where is the best place to get them from?

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
I LOVE my Kumho Ecsta Mx's-I am on my second set:thumb: primarily because I did 12 DE's and 15K miles on my last set:rofl:.

They are AWSOME in the rain and very sticky for a street tire on the track. PM me for price, they are less than HALF the cost of the F1's.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
for the price, Khumos. that's what I'm going with after this set of F1s

·
Registered
844 Posts
There are many threads on this subject. I was set to go either with the Kumho's or Toyo's but the new Firestone Wide Oval is made in our Z06 sizes and has a 320 AA A rating. I asked my local dealer to match the on line prices and he did. If I'm not mistaken all three tires I mentioned are about the same price through on line dealers. :eek::

·
Registered
806 Posts
I have some Yokohama AVS Sport's and they are amazing! :jammin: Dry the grip is unreal and wet is very good also. The Kumho MX's are great too; :ity: I had a set on my 2002 Z28. Both are great but I believe the MX's are a bit cheaper. IMO I would say go with the AVS Sport's! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
Kumho's Ecsta MX :thumb: I am on my second set on my daily driver Z06 :D

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've owned the Kumho MX, Kumho Ecsta Supra, BF Comp TA ZR, Goodyear GS, even a set of Eagle Nascars, and lastly... the Supercars. For performance, you can't beat the Supercar. These tires were engineered for the Z06. The MXs wore out rather quickly on my SS but were exceptional for traction. The Ecsta Supras lasted much longer and had decent traction. I think the Comp TA were the stickiest tires I've ever owned but the tread wear was an absolute joke... terrible. If your budget provides, stick with Supercars. If you can afford a little more than the MX, Pilot Sports should be next in line. If not, MXs are still a great all around tire.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
The F1s are very good tires on our cars, but they don't do too well in the rain. I've heard that the Michelin PS2s are supposed to be a good all-around tire -- but, they don't come cheap. I don't think there's a tire that costs less than the F1s and can perform as well on a track and can equal the F1's treadwear rating. I'm not sure if it's true, but I've heard from several people that the ecsta's have a weak sidewall. I would consider the ecstas good for the money - but, I don't think they can perform as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts