Corvette Z06 Forum banner

What controls/affects the release point on our clutches? Mine has gotten higher.

892 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Dope 
#1 ·
I just got my new Luk Stage-II clutch installed (2nd time!!) a few weeks back. When I first picked up the car the clutch was very firm and the release point was right off the floor just like I like it.

Now after the 400ish mile break-in the relase point is up towards the mid/top of the pedal travel. The pressure is still firm and the uptake quick, but it juat happens higher. Is there anyway to re-adjust this, or is this normal with the breaking in of the disc/flywheel?

Thanks for any info.

#5 ·
Well I went out for a brisk (brisk = beating on it racing my buddies Honda RVT 1000cc crotch rocket) drive. The clutch felt great and the release poing lowered some. I think it's just breaking in for me. I know that as a clutch disc physically wears out there's less material so the disc is thinner and the release point comes up.

Anyone else have more technical info?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.