Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Members,

JC and I along with the rest of the Pit Crew are trying to bring you the best information on the Z06 and to promote our hobby.

What would you as members like to see?? Is there anything else we can do to help you enjoy this site more??

Please post suggestions. :)

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Totally nude female Z06 cheerleaders:D

Just kidding guys. Of course I probably wouldn't stop visiting here if you did get them. :cheers:

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
A topic of the day Forum. May or may not have anything to do with Z06s. Could be Political, Sports, News story, Nascar, Food anything that could stir good conversation and debate. You could learn alot more about the members as a person by their veiws on such topics. Could be very interesting.:cheers:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Frank and JC,

I give lectures on how the functional aspects of the Internet can be applied to healthcare. In these, I stress the elaborated 3 C's: Content, Communication (applying connectivity and community aspects), and Commerce. Perhaps some transfer is possible. Thus, let's break it down from that rubric:

Content:

We have lots but its organization is fairly random and mixed with consensus and one-each opinions rather than evidence (when available). Hey its a forum so that's to be expected. We have made some attempts at sections that address this and the site has superb search capability and USEABILITY, wow, that just keeps getting better and is second to none.

Let's say we wanted a really good table of troubleshooting information and a problem registry with links to best of breed fixes were created. The same could be said for mods with documented HP gains. If we hired a librarian and asked him/her to have at the site what would occur? With what we already have there is a lot of gold here but getting at it would be systematically addressed. Moreover, the concentric circles of all things that relate to the Z06 would also be systematically identified.

You might have some online brainstorms with interested members to really get this going. Also, since the funding may not support a professional staff member, we as members could volunteer to help put more content organization together. For example, I have thought about volunteering to write a section that visualizes some of the FAQ technology items in a click by click fashion. I would show how to take the steps to integrate your computer assets (pictures, animation, video, etc.) into the forum.

Communication:

We have the best possible without going to the next levels of audio VOIP and videoconference channels. The community is formed and the level of connectivity is the only growth area. Would going to live voice chats be a good thing? Perhaps. Does you new host support this?

Commerce:

I suggested earlier that we would really benefit from a http://shopper.cnet.com like section where vendors' wares would be collected and where they would compete on price and service. They would maintain the table once JC set it up and it would be a way to entice more vendors to the site too. The cnet tables have daily pricing changes on PDA's etc but also have the comparison of products and consumer ratings there as well. Check it out.

Finally, I believe we are moving steadily forward in this site. Your pit crew is to be complemented and appreciated. Thanks also for asking the question. It is part of the reason why I usually don't let a day go by without a visit.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
More Answers to FAQs

The site is growing with lots of new members who have the same questions we had when we got here. Can we put together answers to some of these? I see the Event Codes have been posted. Can we add something on Museum Delivery? What about CAGs, aftermarket shifters, exhaust systems, and other typical mods? Maybe this is all just a referral to another web site.

jerboa :)

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I see a great many posts addressing performance mods. I'm not sure how you could screen info to a database, but it would be cool to view such an area to get a feel for what has and has not worked in this area. For example if I were to purchase a Viper (not likely) and went to a Viper site, I would be hard pressed to figure out what effective mods to make without reading all the posts and archives and trying to determine the good from the bad, etc.. Mods such as dyno numbers are very subjective I know, but to be able to cut to the quick on others would I think be an asset and appreciated by a great many forum members. Beyond that, I think you guys are doing one hellofa job here. This site is waaayyy cool. 8) 8) 8)

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
How about promoting this site Z06Vette.com as the official Z06 Registry????

Joe

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GNX Guy said:
How about promoting this site Z06Vette.com as the official Z06 Registry????

Joe
Wow, everybody is coming up with some great ideas. Joe, since we own the rights to WWW.Z06Registry.com, I have to agree.

BTW Joe, if you are trying to contact Zippy as per our discussion yesterday, he is returning today from Carlisle. So he should be home this evening or at least tomorrow. Of course tomorrow, he may be picking up his new Z!! :cool:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I would really like to have scheduled times in real time chat. I absolutely love to talk about the Z06 especially since my 02 is on the way:D Also I would like a more efficient way to IM a fellow member such as Corvette Forum has. Thanks:D

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WES,

The normally scheduled time for chat is every Sunday, 10:00 PM EST. There are usually quite a few members showing up then.

As far as sending IM's, just click on a forum members name and it will give you a page, just like CF. where it says, "Send a Private Message". BTW, we were doing IM's waaaaaay before them. :D

Frank

·
Registered
345 Posts
Wes add the folks who have IM's to your buddy list and then you can tell when they are on. I don't leave my access up all the time.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Love this site especially since the upgrade. I can't think of anything to add or change. Everytime I think of something... BAM! there it is. Great job!

Ps. The calendar is way too cool. Simplifies upcoming events. 8)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hey guys I think it would be helpful to have new Z owner section where we could all help answer questions on common threads, also include the instructions on how to use search etc.. to find previous post etc.. This would help associate them with the site. Other than that I think you guys really got it all covered. you can do only so much. The site Rocks!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts