Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
One thing I will speculate on, I'm willing to bet that there have been more posts on C6 Z06 pricing on this and the other major Corvette websites than any other single subject ever!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GlennSullivan said:
One thing I will speculate on, I'm willing to bet that there have been more posts on C6 Z06 pricing on this and the other major Corvette websites than any other single subject ever!
Your right on target with what you said. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I think someone is doing a lot of wishfull thinking at $57-$59K.......my local dealer is guessing MSRP to be $75K.....

and his "market adjustment" will be $25K......I hope he is stocking up on lots of dusting cloths for his inventory :lol:

·
Registered
183 Posts
I don't think ANY dealer will get a significant mark-up over MSRP. GM is predicting to build way too many for demand to out weight supply enough to justify that nonsense, in my humble opinion. Rick Daniels @ Les Stanford is taking deposits for MSRP + $0. I'm on his list..

·
Registered
240 Posts
I also heard and i believe it could be true that it will be between 59-63k MSRP...If it is 60k, dealer will ask for 70+ first few months, but 6 months later you will be able to pick one up at or bellow MSRP. I strongly beleive that this will happen!

Anything over 65k and you can forget about it. I ll wait and get it used few months down the road!

·
Registered
315 Posts
This has been hashed over and over and over. When GM sets and announces the price that will be the price.

My deal with Kerbec is at MSRP and I'm prepared to take delivery of the car even if it is in the low to mid $70s.

However, if GM prices this car above $70,000 base price and expects to build 7 or 8 thousand of them a year, then they don't know their market very well and are in for a very, very rude awakening.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I am really disappointed with GM playing this BS game with the pricing. They are trying to figure out how much they can screw their most dedicated supporters by watching all of the websites and listening to all the rocket scientists, shills or whatever exclaiming what a buy the new Z06 at $75000. I think they have done a good job with the development of the new Z06 and are looking classless with this game playing. GM really struggles to demonstrate any class.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Has GM said anything about price yet?

Or has everything been pure speculation by forum members?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
fatherlarry said:
Here is a link to someone opinion

xxxeditxxx

Please do not post links to other forums where there are vendors. Thank you.
MikesZ06
I apologize. I guess I really don't think too much about the vendors.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Old Red said:
I am really disappointed with GM playing this BS game with the pricing. They are trying to figure out how much they can screw their most dedicated supporters by watching all of the websites and listening to all the rocket scientists, shills or whatever exclaiming what a buy the new Z06 at $75000. I think they have done a good job with the development of the new Z06 and are looking classless with this game playing. GM really struggles to demonstrate any class.
Well said...I was looking at GM's stock declining, and Corvette is one of their flagships, and always was a successful product. Hate to see what will happen, but I guess they're depending on just the C6 alone to compensate for less sales on the Z. I can't see why GM can't give all the options that a Z06 has, but in a convertible with a removeable hardtop, like the Viper. They're trying to hit too many targets with the Corvette, and may wind up missing a few. I think the Corvette community wants the Corvette to do everything the Z06 can do, but just have it in one unit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts