Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a friend of mine that wanted me to liven up his black hardtop. He said to use my own descretion and he'd pick the car up three week. I told him I didn't really feel like doing this work any more, but he is my oldest sons godfather and a good friend of the family so I took it took a day and its his Christmas present.

What do you think? I hope the attachment works.

Removed attachment from here. See below post for bigger pic.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Larry, you're a real nice guy to do that for him:)

It's shame to get that piece of art dirty :eek:

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Manatee said:
Larry, you're a real nice guy to do that for him:)

It's shame to get that piece of art dirty :eek:
The process I used on it was lacquer and lacquer clear. When I prepared the car, I sprayed 811 on the whole door which is an adhesive for the lacquer, allowed 15 min to 30 min to dry, which bonds on to the top of the factory clear coat ...After I got my form with the stencil and color arrangement, I used straight lacquer clear. Whats nice about this, is that when he gets tired of it, or wants to sell the car, I could wash it off with lacquer thinners, and then wet sand the original clear coat lightly with 1200. I would then use a mild compound to bring it back to factory finish. Then use 3M swirl remover, non filler based, with a high speed polishing woolen pad.

Keep in mind, this is not for everyone to experiment with.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Very sharp Larry!

Dan

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cemo said:
I don't mean to be a schmuck but what am I looking for in that pic? Looks like a nice clean black FRC to me :D
I'll try to make the picture bigger. I had originally tried to upload it bigger, but it wouldn't take. And, you are not a schmuck. It's very hard to see, I would have thought it was a reflection myself.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fatherlarry said:
Had a friend of mine that wanted me to liven up his black hardtop. He said to use my own descretion and he'd pick the car up three week. I told him I didn't really feel like doing this work any more, but he is my oldest sons godfather and a good friend of the family so I took it took a day and its his Christmas present.

What do you think? I hope the attachment works.
This should be a little bigger

Attachments

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
FL

Great job................and not to worry..........I for ONE would NOT be trying to MESS with that!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek:
He would KILL me for Christmas...............:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Welcome, belatedly, Scott!!!:cheers:

Dan Farmer

1 - 13 of 13 Posts