Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As soon as I put the light on in my garage, I go put the coffee on. I go buy two dozen Dunkin Donuts, and await the knocking on my door. It's my neighbors, sniffing the coffee and donuts. It got to the point now where I had to tell them to bring their own chairs. As I am working on the car, the day goes by pretty fast with all the conversation. I was thinking of putting a couple of rocking chairs and a belly stove in the garage.:lol:

All kidding aside, my neighbors are mesmerized by my hardtop. They just love to sit and watch. Today they practically got on their hands and knees looking at the lines on the hardtop. I had one smart one say, "hey, that dashboard looks almost like a '63-'67 dashboard. Most of these guys own hotrods, and they're all first place winners. They said that this is the toughest looking style that Corvette has had for a long time. Well, that just makes my chest puff out. Do you guys have any similar neighbory stories.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Not neighbors, but I pulled up to softball practice for my mens league team on Sunday. Most of the guys didn't know about the new car since last season ended right after I got it.
Kind of neat to watch them all stop playing catch as I pulled up next to the field. Of course I had just washed it so that EB looked pretty good!

chris

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Had an elderly gentleman (my age! :lol: ) follow me home awhile back. He was in a Chrysler something or other vert... He wanted to tell me how cool my Torch Red FRC looks!

Does a body proud!

Take care,

Dan

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
If my car gets any louder, I think they are going to ask us to move :lol:

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I don't really talk to my neighbors much but they did stop by to comment on the vette though:cheers: :cheers:

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
I umpire in my daughter's softball league and I love bringing the car to the field. All the kids and the parents ooooh and aaaaaaah when I pull up.

Of course then I get the "we obviously pay our umpires too much" line, but thats OK, I can take it....

·
Registered
803 Posts
My neighbors didn't even notice when my '00 silver coupe turned into a '02 silver Z06. There is only 1 other Corvette in the area - a '61. They are the only people who talk 'Corvette'.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I let one of my neighbors drive my '02 Z last week end. He sounded like Will Smith in "Independence Day"... "I gotta get me one of these!!!"

The rest of the people haven't even seen the car (she's stored for the winter).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts