Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
AFAIK there isn't any special meaning. I could be wrong...anyone else know more?

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
583 Posts
I think it was the name after some dude in Europe that hepled with the design back in the 60's...? but Im not too for sure on the accuracy of that but I may be close.

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
Z06 was a code for a Regular Production Option 06 used in 1963 for an option package on the Corvette to homologate it for racing!!
Chevrolet wanted to go race against the Aston Martin's and Ferrari's in Europe!!

That's the story my Grandfather told me!! :rofl: :rofl:

Ken

·
Registered
609 Posts
:sneaky: If you don't Know :rofl: Work on it :) Zora Arkus Duntov Started working for Corvette 1953 the First*Z* was in his name :) That came out in 1963 Thy made 199 of them :) But *Dave Hill* Has Went By Zora with all the Good work that he got his team to do :idea: But Zora was the man That started The Raceing the corvette . Dave Hill. Workes With That :) *Z*ippy :usa:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Just like Ken said the 1963 corvette was available with the RPO Z06. This is the name of an option on only 199 cars. The option cost $1,818.45 and was considered special performance equipment.

The Z06 was offered only as a coupe initially..and included knock-off wheels and a 36 gallon fuel tank. Later the option was offered for $1293.95 and available on convertibles. The lower price option excluded the knock offs and the larger fuel tank.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Kaya said:
Just like Ken said the 1963 corvette was available with the RPO Z06. This is the name of an option on only 199 cars. The option cost $1,118.45 and was considered special performance equipment.

The Z06 was offered only as a coupe initially..and included knock-off wheels and a 36 gallon fuel tank. Later the option was offered for $1293.95 and available on convertibles. The lower price option excluded the knock offs and the larger fuel tank.

Show off! :p

:z:

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
1964 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

Fuel Injected, Z06, Big Tank
Beautiful Daytona Blue exterior with matching dark blue interior. Correct number's matching L84 327/375hp fuel injected engine with a 4 speed transmission. Optioned with the Z06 suspension and brake package and also equipped with 36.5 gallon tank option. Complete with knock-off rims and gold line tires. An ultra rare Corvette that would make a great addition to any collection.

Come and get it! This car lives near me.

http://www.legendarymotorcar.com/

·
Premium Member
9,755 Posts
That is one gorgeous car !

·
Registered
40 Posts
Check out the engine bay. I wonder what she is going for?

"Smook" have a great July 1st (July 4th for the American brothern). I was born in Vancouver raised in Windsor, broke out in '94 and I have been love'n the USA ever since. Thumbs up!

D-Day

:jawdrop:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
There is a guy who came to the Z06 fest with an original Z06...I didn't talk to him and I am pretty sure he left the car at home.

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
We have one in our vette club. Black 63 with red interior. Has a nice sign made up that sits in front of it. I believe he was from Severn Maryland. Very cool to look at, but I have not been able to hear it pull in before the shows.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I thought it was just all of Chevy's performance option codes were along those lines....

Z06, Z28, Z71, Z26, Z51, etc..

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
blevett said:
I thought it was just all of Chevy's performance option codes were along those lines....

Z06, Z28, Z71, Z26, Z51, etc..
You are correct. Z06 is merely another RPO. The "Z" has nothing to do with "Zora". Every option has a code. The car could have just as easily used ANY RPO designation.

Charlie

1 - 20 of 28 Posts