Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just picked up the Grey Kraus harness bar and the harness/seat mounts.

Now I need some harnesses. I've been told that Crow makes a setup directly for the C5, but I'm partial to the Simpson camlock type.

So, does anyone know the proper PN for a Simpson camlock setup? Or a descriptive of what lengths and styles to get?

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
361 Posts
just an FYI for you. I also just installed the brey-krause. A wonderfully simple and effective design.

I purchased the Sabelt 6 point harnesses from www.northstarmotorsports.com

They are great as the sub adjustment is at the end of the belt where it clips into the quick release so it's not between your leg and the seat where it could tear up your leather.

I had that problem with the original Scroth's I bought.

The Sabelts also have a very large lever on the cam that makes it a snap to get out of them in an emergency....

Ah Italian craftsmanship.....you can't beat it :thumb:

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
TeamTech from Hardbar, Simpson, Crow.

Somethings to look for:
- Get Clip IN Lap and AntiSub belts
- You MUST use a 6 point AntiSub Belt with the OEM seats
(NOT a 5 point)
- If you are under 6' you may want to consider a Sternum strap if using the OEM Z06 seats
- I prefer a Cam Lock release
- Brey Krause also makes a nice Fire Extinguisher mount

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DJWorm said:
TeamTech from Hardbar, Simpson, Crow.

Somethings to look for:
- Get Clip IN Lap and AntiSub belts
- You MUST use a 6 point AntiSub Belt with the OEM seats
(NOT a 5 point)
- If you are under 6' you may want to consider a Sternum strap if using the OEM Z06 seats
- I prefer a Cam Lock release
- Brey Krause also makes a nice Fire Extinguisher mount

Thanks for the info. I too prefer the camlock style and I've run Simpson camlocks in my Drag Race Camaro for the past 4 years so I like them.

I am 6'5" so no sternum strap for me I guess... and I am running stock Z06 seats with the two middle springs pulled out.

I have just recently seen those 6 point belts that you sit on and then wrap back over your legs... nice design and I might go for that.

As for the clip in anti-sub belt... where would it clip to? The same place as the lap belts (if it is the design I spoke of above?)

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Yes, the Brey Krause lap Belt Kit has 2 slots on each mount; one for the Clip IN Lap Belt the other for the 6 point Clip IN antisub strap.

·
Banned
809 Posts
jnjboc said:
just an FYI for you. I also just installed the brey-krause. A wonderfully simple and effective design.

I purchased the Sabelt 6 point harnesses from www.northstarmotorsports.com

They are great as the sub adjustment is at the end of the belt where it clips into the quick release so it's not between your leg and the seat where it could tear up your leather.

I had that problem with the original Scroth's I bought.

The Sabelts also have a very large lever on the cam that makes it a snap to get out of them in an emergency....

Ah Italian craftsmanship.....you can't beat it :thumb:
What problem did you have with the Schroth belts?

Sal

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'm a big guy(6'6"). The Scroth sub belt is a quick adjust unit, so the adjustment buckles are in the center of the sub belt. with a small person, no big deal, they cinch up the sub belt and the adjustment buckles end up somewhere in the middle or even top of their thighs.

Me, I had the adjustment all the way out meaning the buckles were between my legs and the seat. bad news. we're talking ripped leather once I get on the track and start shifting in the seat a little.

the Sabelt's aren't quick release(but I'm the only one that drives anyway, so one-time adjustment is all I need, and the buckles are at the end of the belt where they clip in so they are on the sides of my legs away from my seat.

having seen both. If I didn't have this issue, I like the Scroth's better. their quick adjust straps are just easier to use for the lap and shoulder in my opinion, but it's a close race..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts