Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone completely removed the antenna? Meaning removed all hardware, filling in the hole, and painted? What are other options? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Red Z,

I had a Convertible power antenna installed + a switch to turn it off(keep it down) when the CD is on, which is most of the time!!

Works great!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

S

·
0 Posts
I enjoy it the way it is... I like the weight savings.

Since I don't go through car washes, and I don't leave the car out where it has the opportunity to be damaged, I think everything will be fine.

Welcome to the Forum!

Mods: Tape wheel weights replaced the factory clip-ons.
Build Date: 6/21/01 (last day of '01 final assembly)
Purchased: 7/11/01

·
Registered
0 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

I like mine just the way it is. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Several have switched over to a power antenna. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

·
Registered
619 Posts
I would probably end up putting the power antenna, from wha I hear, it's not that difficult to do. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Killer a million % corectomundo! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif Vert antenna is the way to go. FUBU69/LES /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

2001 Z06 SPEEDWAY WHITE/MODIFIED RED INTERIOR-Corsa Indy's/Pro Tips, Corsa X Pipe, Vortex/Carbon Fiber Power Duct, Z06 Wet Okles Mod Red Seat Covers, Z06 Extra Wide Rolled Exhaust Plate, Red/Clear Euro Lenses, CM Factory OEM Chrome Wheels, BPP Rear Lowering Kit, FRC/Z06 Partition ,Design Specialties Chrome & Decals, STILL EVOLVING! On Order, '02 EB Z06 TPW 7/30 Order # DKMKC7 KEEPING BOTH, I HOPE!

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Welcome !

I removed the mast, and put a rubber cap over the exposed threads. Radio reception in my large city was not affected. Even more weight savings /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts