Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,548 Posts
MikesZ06 said:
Mine is a Hurst and it works just fine!

Mike
:yeadog:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,849 Posts
Hey killer.....call ANTIVENOM (supporting vendor) and ask him to fab up a bolt-on one. Much better than Cartek unit. Opinions vary.
(813) 661-9000

Oh yeah....it was an absolute perfect bolt-on fit. I'm sure you can handle it. or drive down and have him do it.:D

-Tony
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
327 Posts
I also used the Hurst. Easy install, no problems.



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
holedgr said:
Hey killer.....call ANTIVENOM (supporting vendor) and ask him to fab up a bolt-on one. Much better than Cartek unit. Opinions vary.
(813) 661-9000

Oh yeah....it was an absolute perfect bolt-on fit. I'm sure you can handle it. or drive down and have him do it.:D

-Tony
I cant go down there for an install, and it involves bending lines. How is the hurst install?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
327 Posts
KillerVette said:
I cant go down there for an install, and it involves bending lines. How is the hurst install?
Any line lock will require you to cut and or reshape lines and bleed brakes. No way to get around that. The line lock unit is nothing more than a solenoid that goes between the master cylinder and the front brakes. So, to answer your question the amount of work required to install a line lock is about the same regardless of the manufacturer. Again, its not really that hard to do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
I just purchased the Cartek unit. Comes assembled and is ready to put on with the lines already bent. I'm installing this weekend as it should be in tomorrow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
$250.00. At first I was going to get the Hurst but that was $110 plus the install kit, plus the fittings, plus the bender, etc. I ended up spending around an extra $50 for the Cartek kit and don't have to worry about bending and mounting. The Cartek kit comes at the right length with the right bends and has the heat shield on the line already and the solenoid is already assembled to the lines. You basically pull the front brake line from the master cylinder (closest to the windshield) hook up the line lock and then pull the other end of the OEM line out of the distribution block and connect the other end of the line lock. Dave has a way of bleeding around this time which I will talk to him about tomorrow. That's it. Hook up your switch and you are done. No cutting period. :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cajundude said:
$250.00. At first I was going to get the Hurst but that was $110 plus the install kit, plus the fittings, plus the bender, etc. I ended up spending around an extra $50 for the Cartek kit and don't have to worry about bending and mounting. The Cartek kit comes at the right length with the right bends and has the heat shield on the line already and the solenoid is already assembled to the lines. You basically pull the front brake line from the master cylinder (closest to the windshield) hook up the line lock and then pull the other end of the OEM line out of the distribution block and connect the other end of the line lock. Dave has a way of bleeding around this time which I will talk to him about tomorrow. That's it. Hook up your switch and you are done. No cutting period. :cheers:
cool...let me know about the bleeding thing since i have never done that before. thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Killer, sorry about late responses! I didn't received any notifications that I had any PMs. :mah: Hope you were able to get the line lock in. If anyone else needs help I did a how to. You can view it here . Sorry again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
I'll be trying mine at the track tonight! :jammin: I did try it once at the event I had this past weekend. Works reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaal good! :cheers:
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top