Corvette Z06 Forum banner

What is a good line lock kit??

2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Cajundude 
#1 ·
What is a good line lock kit??

#6 ·
Hey killer.....call ANTIVENOM (supporting vendor) and ask him to fab up a bolt-on one. Much better than Cartek unit. Opinions vary.
(813) 661-9000

Oh yeah....it was an absolute perfect bolt-on fit. I'm sure you can handle it. or drive down and have him do it.:D

-Tony

#7 ·
I also used the Hurst. Easy install, no problems.

#8 ·
holedgr said:
Hey killer.....call ANTIVENOM (supporting vendor) and ask him to fab up a bolt-on one. Much better than Cartek unit. Opinions vary.
(813) 661-9000

Oh yeah....it was an absolute perfect bolt-on fit. I'm sure you can handle it. or drive down and have him do it.:D

-Tony
I cant go down there for an install, and it involves bending lines. How is the hurst install?

#9 ·
KillerVette said:
I cant go down there for an install, and it involves bending lines. How is the hurst install?
Any line lock will require you to cut and or reshape lines and bleed brakes. No way to get around that. The line lock unit is nothing more than a solenoid that goes between the master cylinder and the front brakes. So, to answer your question the amount of work required to install a line lock is about the same regardless of the manufacturer. Again, its not really that hard to do.

#12 ·
$250.00. At first I was going to get the Hurst but that was $110 plus the install kit, plus the fittings, plus the bender, etc. I ended up spending around an extra $50 for the Cartek kit and don't have to worry about bending and mounting. The Cartek kit comes at the right length with the right bends and has the heat shield on the line already and the solenoid is already assembled to the lines. You basically pull the front brake line from the master cylinder (closest to the windshield) hook up the line lock and then pull the other end of the OEM line out of the distribution block and connect the other end of the line lock. Dave has a way of bleeding around this time which I will talk to him about tomorrow. That's it. Hook up your switch and you are done. No cutting period. :cheers:

#13 ·
Cajundude said:
$250.00. At first I was going to get the Hurst but that was $110 plus the install kit, plus the fittings, plus the bender, etc. I ended up spending around an extra $50 for the Cartek kit and don't have to worry about bending and mounting. The Cartek kit comes at the right length with the right bends and has the heat shield on the line already and the solenoid is already assembled to the lines. You basically pull the front brake line from the master cylinder (closest to the windshield) hook up the line lock and then pull the other end of the OEM line out of the distribution block and connect the other end of the line lock. Dave has a way of bleeding around this time which I will talk to him about tomorrow. That's it. Hook up your switch and you are done. No cutting period. :cheers:
cool...let me know about the bleeding thing since i have never done that before. thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.