Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to make a friend an offer on some race parts that they are selling.

So what is a fair price for used race parts in percent of their purchase price? Is 40% of original value fair? Or 50% or?

How do you judge fair price for tires and wheels?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
TX,

Man thats a tough one. Abuse is the key factor. What type parts how many runs how exessive the runs and so on. I'd say IMHO: 40-50% is fair even less with abuse or little life left...........

Good luck

:cool: :-? :cool:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMA,

Thanks for the opinion.

I know that is a thats a tough one, that is why I asked.

What is in invovled is tires and wheels and a radiator/oil cooler. The wheels have been used at a bunch of high speed events last year. The tires have been only used at one track event.

The radiator/oil cooler have been used at as many events as the wheels.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Sometimes it's best to ask them:"How much do you want? Many times they are thinking LESS than I'm willing to offer. And, if you offer a much lower price you might hurt their feelings. MHO,

:cheers:
Barrie

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Pricing Logic

If the price of a used anything is near the price of a new item, buy the new item. If the wheels have no visible damage they are fine. You won't wear them out unless you hit the wall or some other immovable object. Tires are worth what the market will bring.

If a seller has had items on the market with no takers at an asking price, the price is too high. I generally make a LOW offer. If the buyer rejects it we negotiate. Used parts are really a buyers market. Bid low and negotiate. If you see an item on ebay, call the seller and ask what they will take to end the auction? Z06Y Lady, you should see me negotiate in foreign bazaars! Quanto Questa? Skolka Stoyet? How much? :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts